Aftercare for Ulthera on Lower Face and Neck Yesterday?

I had ulthera done on my lower face and neck yesterday. I am just not sure about what I can and cannot do afterwards. Can I wash my face as I normally would? Cold or hot water? Can I work out? they didn't really give me much info after I left and I didn't think to ask until now. Can someone let me know? thanks very much.

Post treament care after Ulthera

+2

The great thing about Ulthera is post treament is simple.  You don't need to follow any specific guidelines.  Use your normal skin care routine.  Remember you might be slightly sore, so if your a guy be careful shaving.  After you have recovered from the treatment you can workout or do any activities you want.

Good luck and thanks for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Ultherapy post op care.

+1

Thank you for your question.  The wonder thing about Ultherapy is that there is minimal post op care.  You can wash with anything, exercise, drive , go to work, and resume all social activities.  You may experience some tenderness and swelling for a few days but this will not prevent from doing anything.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Ulthera Aftercare

+1

Thank you for your question. Since Ulthera is a completely non-invasive treatment, you do not need to follow a post-treatment regimen. You can resume your normal activities as you usually would.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Aftercare following Ulthera is NOTHING

+1

After having Ulthera, there is no need to do anything special.  It is recommended not to use steroids or other anti-inflammatories, but this has yet to be proved to be detrimental to your results (its theoretic).  That's the beauty of Ulthera, no downtime, no aftercare!  Please see my video too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Aftercare for Ultherapy

+1

There is no significant aftercare. You can wash your face normally. If there is any bruising from local injections, make sure to wear sunblock and do not tan over a bruise. Otherwise, you can resume your normal activities right away.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy after care

+1

Nothing is required, you can do everything you normally do.  Because the sound waves are focused in the deeper tissues there is no injury to the epidermis and no epidermal care is usually required.  I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD

No down time after ultherapy

+1

For most of our patients there are no restrictions of activity the day after ultherapy.  You should check with your doctor, in case they used the 1.5mm deep transducer, which is the most superficial transducer. If they used many lines of this, you could potentially swell in a few areas and if there are localized swellings you might injure them with aggressive rubbing with a towel or washcloth, so it's best to avoid use of such items.

Ronald Shelton, MD