Aftercare for Ulthera on Lower Face and Neck Yesterday?

I had ulthera done on my lower face and neck yesterday. I am just not sure about what I can and cannot do afterwards. Can I wash my face as I normally would? Cold or hot water? Can I work out? they didn't really give me much info after I left and I didn't think to ask until now. Can someone let me know? thanks very much.

After Your Ultherapy Treatment

What’s great about Ultherapy, is that there is usually no down time. After an Ultherapy treatment, you can resume your normal routines. Keep in mind that you may experience some swelling or bruising, so it’s important to be gentle to your skin if you do experience those symptoms. 

Dallas Dermatologist

Ultherapy Aftercare

There is no specific protocol post Ultherapy. This procedure is wonderful in the fact that there is no downtime and you can resume most normal activity after your treatment. We do suggest a minimum of 24 hours with no strenuous exercise to minimize the possibility of bruising. You might experience subtle tenderness and swelling post procedure, but that should not take you away from your normal activities.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minimal recovery time after Ultherapy

The best part about Ulthera is how low maintenance and non-invasive it can be; every patient leaves our office looking virtually untouched! Some slight bruising and tenderness may occur over certain parts of the face and neck (the neck is more susceptible to welting and redness) however this should not stop you from continuing your daily skincare regimen immediately after. Both cleansing the face as normal and wearing your daily makeup can be resumed almost immediately. I would wait to start any heavy physical activity and exercise until the following day, especially if medication was administered prior to the start of the Ultherapy treatment.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Post procedure care after Ultherapy

There is no downtime with Ultherapy. Resume all of your activities. Wash your face as usual and use Elevase cream as a cermaide booster for moisture retention and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun (as always). 

Aftercare for Ultherapy

There are no specific aftercare instructions with Ultherapy, except to avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours to minimize swelling and the potential for bruising. Having no specific protocols or skin care recommendations after Ultherapy, is just another one of the great aspects about this procedure. The only thing I tell my patients, if they want to heal as quickly as possible, is the option of using topical and oral arnica for swelling (if there even is any) and for bruising if they are the rare patient that has this. Any patients who have had resurfacing type lasers in the past are thrilled to hear there are no ointments to use or peeling skin etc. to deal with.

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy post op care.

Thank you for your question.  The wonder thing about Ultherapy is that there is minimal post op care.  You can wash with anything, exercise, drive , go to work, and resume all social activities.  You may experience some tenderness and swelling for a few days but this will not prevent from doing anything.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Ulthera Aftercare

Thank you for your question. Since Ulthera is a completely non-invasive treatment, you do not need to follow a post-treatment regimen. You can resume your normal activities as you usually would.

Aftercare following Ulthera is NOTHING

After having Ulthera, there is no need to do anything special.  It is recommended not to use steroids or other anti-inflammatories, but this has yet to be proved to be detrimental to your results (its theoretic).  That's the beauty of Ulthera, no downtime, no aftercare!  Please see my video too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Aftercare for Ultherapy

There is no significant aftercare. You can wash your face normally. If there is any bruising from local injections, make sure to wear sunblock and do not tan over a bruise. Otherwise, you can resume your normal activities right away.

Ultherapy after care

Nothing is required, you can do everything you normally do.  Because the sound waves are focused in the deeper tissues there is no injury to the epidermis and no epidermal care is usually required.  I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD