Aftercare for Ulthera on Lower Face and Neck Yesterday?

I had ulthera done on my lower face and neck yesterday. I am just not sure about what I can and cannot do afterwards. Can I wash my face as I normally would? Cold or hot water? Can I work out? they didn't really give me much info after I left and I didn't think to ask until now. Can someone let me know? thanks very much.

Minimal recovery time after Ultherapy

The best part about Ulthera is how low maintenance and non-invasive it can be; every patient leaves our office looking virtually untouched! Some slight bruising and tenderness may occur over certain parts of the face and neck (the neck is more susceptible to welting and redness) however this should not stop you from continuing your daily skincare regimen immediately after. Both cleansing the face as normal and wearing your daily makeup can be resumed almost immediately. I would wait to start any heavy physical activity and exercise until the following day, especially if medication was administered prior to the start of the Ultherapy treatment.

Post procedure care after Ultherapy

There is no downtime with Ultherapy. Resume all of your activities. Wash your face as usual and use Elevase cream as a cermaide booster for moisture retention and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun (as always). 

Aftercare for Ultherapy

There are no specific aftercare instructions with Ultherapy, except to avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours to minimize swelling and the potential for bruising. Having no specific protocols or skin care recommendations after Ultherapy, is just another one of the great aspects about this procedure. The only thing I tell my patients, if they want to heal as quickly as possible, is the option of using topical and oral arnica for swelling (if there even is any) and for bruising if they are the rare patient that has this. Any patients who have had resurfacing type lasers in the past are thrilled to hear there are no ointments to use or peeling skin etc. to deal with.

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy post op care.

Thank you for your question.  The wonder thing about Ultherapy is that there is minimal post op care.  You can wash with anything, exercise, drive , go to work, and resume all social activities.  You may experience some tenderness and swelling for a few days but this will not prevent from doing anything.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Ulthera Aftercare

Thank you for your question. Since Ulthera is a completely non-invasive treatment, you do not need to follow a post-treatment regimen. You can resume your normal activities as you usually would.

Aftercare following Ulthera is NOTHING

After having Ulthera, there is no need to do anything special.  It is recommended not to use steroids or other anti-inflammatories, but this has yet to be proved to be detrimental to your results (its theoretic).  That's the beauty of Ulthera, no downtime, no aftercare!  Please see my video too.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Otolaryngologist

Aftercare for Ultherapy

There is no significant aftercare. You can wash your face normally. If there is any bruising from local injections, make sure to wear sunblock and do not tan over a bruise. Otherwise, you can resume your normal activities right away.

Ultherapy after care

Nothing is required, you can do everything you normally do.  Because the sound waves are focused in the deeper tissues there is no injury to the epidermis and no epidermal care is usually required.  I hope this helps!

Curt Samlaska, MD

Post treament care after Ulthera

The great thing about Ulthera is post treament is simple.  You don't need to follow any specific guidelines.  Use your normal skin care routine.  Remember you might be slightly sore, so if your a guy be careful shaving.  After you have recovered from the treatment you can workout or do any activities you want.

Good luck and thanks for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

No down time after ultherapy

For most of our patients there are no restrictions of activity the day after ultherapy.  You should check with your doctor, in case they used the 1.5mm deep transducer, which is the most superficial transducer. If they used many lines of this, you could potentially swell in a few areas and if there are localized swellings you might injure them with aggressive rubbing with a towel or washcloth, so it's best to avoid use of such items.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon