Typically, How Long Does Hardness and Tenderness in Breast Last After BL with Augmentation? I'm 2 1/2 Weeks Post Surgery.

They still fill hard and tight and are tender. Bumps while riding in the car even hurt and I can't put seatbelt across them because they are tender. I do light, circular motion (with fingertips) massage on them as told by the ps 3 times a day. THANKS!!

Hardness and Tenderness in Breast

+1

Swelling and tenderness is common at 2-3 weeks. Depending upon the nature of the lift, the amount of firmness will vary, as it will from person to person. 

Discussion of the particulars with your surgeon will give a more useful answer. All the best. 

Tenderness after BA

+1

There is soft swelling that last 2 weeks ad there is hard swelling of the tissue that can last up to 6 months. Most likely the hard tissue is where the incision was made through the areola and breast tissue, which does not usually occur if you have an inframammary incision, therefore, be patient and wait 6 months, usually it goes away.

2.5 weeks after BL and Augmentation

+1

Depending on the technique utilized for your breast augmentation and lift, it is not uncommon to experience swelling for 2-4 weeks after your surgery.  Swelling will make your breasts feel full or engorged.   However, I'm concerned you are stating your breast(s) feel hard and tender.   If the "hardness" is not slowly improving/resolving, one of my concerns would be a hematoma (blood collection).  Please see your PS for an evaluation.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

How should breasts feel 2 and 1/2 weeks after breast lift with augmentation?

+1

There are many different surgical techniques and each has a different pattern of recovery.  With many breast lift techniques it would be normal for the breasts to feel firm an have areas of lumpiness 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.  It would be important to make sure that you don't have a hematoma (collection of blood) or seroma (collection of tisssue fluid) but an experienced plastic surgeon would be able to detect this.  In the absence of other alarming findings  things will most likely get better over time.