Tummy Tuck Stomach NOT Flat at All - Torn Sutures, Swelling, Crappy Job?

so i got a tummy tuck, its been exactly 4 weeks now. it was SO flat at 2.5 weeks. i am a SMALL girl, im not overweight, i had a baby and had BAD loose skin afterwards and i have always had a pot belly my whole life even at 90 lbs. i weigh 110now. when i bend over, there is still loose saggy wrinkles in the middle, i already felt it wasnt tight enough. and the verticle scar is huge. anyways, now, 4 wks PO, took my compression off, and two days later, its a HUGE potbelly. confused. swelling?torn?

Disappointing Tummy Tuck Result

+4

Regarding: "Tummy Tuck Stomach NOT Flat at All - Torn Sutures, Swelling, Crappy Job?
so i got a tummy tuck, its been exactly 4 weeks now. it was SO flat at 2.5 weeks. i am a SMALL girl, im not overweight, i had a baby and had BAD loose skin afterwards and i have always had a pot belly my whole life even at 90 lbs. i weigh 110now. when i bend over, there is still loose saggy wrinkles in the middle, i already felt it wasnt tight enough. and the verticle scar is huge. anyways, now, 4 wks PO, took my compression off, and two days later, its a HUGE potbelly. confused. swelling?torn
?"

Thank you for the photos. Makes answering you a lot easier.

I agree the result, as it appears now, is not great. I am not sure why you had to have a fleur de lis / vertical scar Tummy Tuck but your surgeon must have seen something that lead him to do it. In small ladies such as yourself, we rarely have to do it unless there is a huge amount of skin excess as may be seen with massive weight loss.

The swelling MAY be due to fluid formation and your surgeon needs to see you and remove the fluid if this is the case. Fluid can form even if you wear a compression garment. I stopped using compression garments with my Tummy Tuck surgery and have not seen an increase in fluid formation while their recovery is much easier.

Don't fritz out. You must remember that your result is still very early and things will get better. See your surgeon. He is best suited to address your current situation and has every reason to want you to have a great result. After all, every patient is a walking advertising board for our work and we WANT our patients to be happy.

Questions about post-operative tummy tuck result.

+1

IT appears that you have a good result. I would not at all classify it as "crappy" Even a 19 year old with a flat belly can have loose skin when they bend over. In regards to the fullness, it existed prior to surgery  and the surgeon can repair the musces but not necessarily improve your muscle tone or address the intra-abdominal fat around the organs. You could have a seroma and this should be evaluated by your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/