What Happens at a Preop Appt for a Tummy Tuck?

Tummy Tuck Surgery

+5

The pre-operative appointment time in my practice is scheduled for one to two days prior to your surgery.  At this time I will meet with you and go over the surgery in detail again, make sure you understand the post-operative care and review your labs.  We go over all your questions and concerns and make sure you are ready for the surgery.  We ask in advance for this appointment that you bring your clothes and swimsuit so that I can make the incision markings where you would like to have them.  I don't believe in surprises and scars are permanent.   I require you to bring your clothes so that we have a mutual understanding of where your incision is placed.  This has been a very successful part of my practice and patients are so happy with the results of the scar placement.  Their comments are that they are so grateful that we measured them and that their swimwear fits them just right and no signs of their surgery incision.  Also at this time we make sure you have your medications for after surgery and schedule a date for us to see you again after surgery.  We believe in detailed pre-operative care and this leads to good wound care and very little downtime after surgery.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after c-section, costs, price reduction

+3

On a visit prior to the surgery, I explain the procedure(s) that I will be doing at great length as well as possible complications and talk about the plan, the recovery, what the patient can and cannot do after the surgery, the possible need for revisions and when they would be done. I try and answer any further questins that the patient, her husband,significant other or even friends, may have about all these things. In other words, prepare and anticipate what will occur. The videos of all the procedures that I have made really help in this also.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pre-operative tummy tuck appointments or visits

+2

Every surgeon structures their preoperative plan differently. Therefore there is no routine. Typically pre op appointments consist of completing paper work such as consents and financial details. Measurements will be taken to assist in planning the intra-operative approach. A post-operative appointment will be commonly be scheduled. Medication prescriptions may be provided and  reviewed . 

Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

John Ward, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Preop Appt for a Tummy Tuck

+2

Consents are signed, photos are taken, labs and EKG ordered or done, Rx's written, questions answered, instructions given, payment made - "That's All Folks" !

Pre-op Appointment for a Tummy Tuck

+2

At your first appointment or consultation, you will meet with the surgeon and likely his nurse to go over your medical history and discuss what bothers you about your body and what things you want to change.  You will then have a discussion with your surgeon about what options are available and if you are a good surgical candidate.  You will likely be given a estimate for the procedures and any information regarding medical clearance for the surgery.  We then have you return to the office prior to the procedure to take pre-operative photos, review the consents and discuss and lingering questions that you have about the procedure.  

Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Details of Your Preoperative Visit will Vary

+2

Hi there-

The exact details of your preoperative visit are going to vary quite a bit between practices, and will also depend on your medical history and the details of the procedure you are having done...

In most cases, this visit serves the purposes of confirming your goals, assuring you and your surgeon are "on the same page", obtaining your informed consent to the procedure planned, having any remaining questions answered, giving you your prescriptions, etc...

This is a very important interaction, so you should prepare by carefully thinking about your goals, the plan, your recovery and plans for any period of disability (who is going to help with the kids, etc..), so that you will be ready to ask questions at your preop.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Pre-op Evaluation for Tummy Tuck

+2

At the initial consultation for a tummy tuck, or for any procedure, you and the plastic surgeon should discuss whether or not this is an appropriate procedure for your situation.  There should also be a discussion of the benefits and risks as well as any alternative treatments or procedures.  Lastly there should be a discussion of limitations post-op, period of time before returning to work, etc.

John Whitt, MD

Preop Appt for a Tummy Tuck

+2

The before the surgery visit is the last meeting between you and the surgeon before surgery. You need to get any remaining questions fully answered and understand what to expect and everything that is expected of you. You will review and sign permission(s) for your procedure(s), get your prescriptions and have photographs taken. Do not feel rushed or overwhelmed and by all means DO bring your care taker so he/she can hear what the surgeon has to say.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Preop appointment details

+2

The exact preoperative appointment may vary from surgeon to surgeon, but I can tell you what happens in mine.  The preop appointment takes place 1-2 weeks prior to your surgery date.  At this visit, we review the consent forms in detail, go over the preop and postop instructions, give prescriptions for medications needed after surgery, and answer any final questions.  We also make sure that any preop bloodwork or other necessary labs have been completed and are fine.

That's it!  It's an appointment meant to get everything in order for your surgery.

Carmen Kavali, MD