Bleeding Tummy Tuck Incision

Had my Tummy Tuck Stiches Removed Yesterday,today I Have a Couple of Blood Stain from the Incision Should I Be Concerned? I have had no pain at all since my surgery i had a tummy tuck with lipo on lower back 2 weeks ago, today i did walk my son to school and climbed the stairs a couple of times no heavy lifting or anything,everything has gone smoothly until today i saw those 2 little blood stains should i be concerned and go to my Dr ASAP??

Bleeding tummy tuck incision

+2

I always feel a bit badly when a patient tells me they went online to deal with a concern.

A good surgeon is happy to provide followup care and reassurance to his or her patients.

A good surgeon also communicates that this is part of the deal.

Don't feel that you are bothering your surgeon - he or she wants to make sure you're doing well and will be happy to answer concerns and see you whenever needed.

Finally, it is entirely normal to have a spot or two of blood from your abdominoplasty incision at this stage in your healing, especially if you have just had your sutures removed.

Web reference: http://www.vancouvercosmeticsurgery.ca

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding tummy tuck incision

+1

A small amount of blood stains on your dressings immediately after suture removal is not unexpected and should not be a cause for significant concern unless you are experiencing a change in the abdominal appearance which would suggest bleeding under your flap. Always best to run it by your surgeon.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck bleeding after suture removal

+1

Spotting after suture removal is not uncommon, but your surgeon should be there for you and a call in, can help reassure you. The basics of incision care are keeping the area clean with a light cover if needed. Soap and water should be OK, and check in with the office.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Bleeding from Incision Line

+1

If you are just having spotting from the small areas of the incision line, this is likely normal.  If you have a constant stream of bright red blood, then you should seeing evaluation by your plastic surgeon.  Do you still have a drain in place from your procedure?  If you post some pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Tummy Tuck

+1

You should address this with your surgeon-bleeding is not uncommon

but please talk to him

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck, Abdominoplasty

+1

When in doubt about if you should see your surgeon--its always better to error on the side of being conservative and go see the surgeon.  Most times a little bleeding is not bad its just normal healing.  Since its impossible to tell about your specific case, go see your plastic surgeon. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon