Bleeding Tummy Tuck Incision

Had my Tummy Tuck Stiches Removed Yesterday,today I Have a Couple of Blood Stain from the Incision Should I Be Concerned? I have had no pain at all since my surgery i had a tummy tuck with lipo on lower back 2 weeks ago, today i did walk my son to school and climbed the stairs a couple of times no heavy lifting or anything,everything has gone smoothly until today i saw those 2 little blood stains should i be concerned and go to my Dr ASAP??

Bleeding tummy tuck incision

+2

I always feel a bit badly when a patient tells me they went online to deal with a concern.

A good surgeon is happy to provide followup care and reassurance to his or her patients.

A good surgeon also communicates that this is part of the deal.

Don't feel that you are bothering your surgeon - he or she wants to make sure you're doing well and will be happy to answer concerns and see you whenever needed.

Finally, it is entirely normal to have a spot or two of blood from your abdominoplasty incision at this stage in your healing, especially if you have just had your sutures removed.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding tummy tuck incision

+1

A small amount of blood stains on your dressings immediately after suture removal is not unexpected and should not be a cause for significant concern unless you are experiencing a change in the abdominal appearance which would suggest bleeding under your flap. Always best to run it by your surgeon.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck bleeding after suture removal

+1

Spotting after suture removal is not uncommon, but your surgeon should be there for you and a call in, can help reassure you. The basics of incision care are keeping the area clean with a light cover if needed. Soap and water should be OK, and check in with the office.

peterejohnsonmd

Bleeding from Incision Line

+1

If you are just having spotting from the small areas of the incision line, this is likely normal.  If you have a constant stream of bright red blood, then you should seeing evaluation by your plastic surgeon.  Do you still have a drain in place from your procedure?  If you post some pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

You should address this with your surgeon-bleeding is not uncommon

but please talk to him

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck, Abdominoplasty

+1

When in doubt about if you should see your surgeon--its always better to error on the side of being conservative and go see the surgeon.  Most times a little bleeding is not bad its just normal healing.  Since its impossible to tell about your specific case, go see your plastic surgeon. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon