Will Tummy Tuck Revision Be As Difficult to Recover From?

I had my TT on 10/14/11/ with MR and Lipo. I contracted MRSA and Staph shortly after my TT and now have a pocket that will not heal. It continues to fill with infection and fluid. I've had 4 drains now and if will not seal. So, I have changed surgeons and have been told that I will have to have a revision. I won't have muscle repair this time, so can I expect such a difficult recovery? I will have stretched skin removed and lipo on upper stomach. Will it cost as much as the original?

Tummy Tuck Revision Recovery?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after tummy tuck surgery.

The good news is that the recovery after revisionary surgery is generally less involved and less painful than the initial tummy tuck surgery. Most of the recovery discomfort after tummy tuck surgery is related to the “muscle repair”.

Unfortunately, not knowing the specifics involved I can't speculate on the costs of the revisionary surgery planned.

Make sure you have selected a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy Tuck Revision Recovery

+1

Sorry to hear about your complications. Typically, recovery from the tummy tuck revision is not as involved as from the original surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS