How Soon After a Tummy Tuck Can I Get a Revision?

I recently had a full tummy tuck just over 7 weeks ago. I know this is still early and there is still swelling. However, there is an overhang in front portion of my lower abdomonen that extends over the incision. Underneath the scar in this area feels very hard and so thought maybe it is acting like a dam for the swelling. There is swelling but also looks like there is still fat and possibly a very small amount of loose skin. What are my revision options? How soon can I get them (i.e more lipo?

Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

Give it some more time. At seven weeks you will still have considerable swelling and any attempt at revision this early after surgery would be a bad idea. Allow 6 months of healing before committing to a revision. In the meantime do everything you can to help the scar heal as well as possible. 

• Wear a compression garment to help minimize swelling
  • scar massage with Mederma Gel or the like
  • No sun exposure on the scar while healing

Good luck. You may be surprised by the improvement over time.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision?

+1

It is much too early to assess your final result.

At 7 weeks post op tummy tuck surgery, it is too soon to be considering revisionary surgery.  Your body is still healing and swelling is present. I would recommend that you wait at least 6-12 months to see the final outcome prior to discussing revisionary tummy tuck surgery with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Tummy tuck revision

+1

It would be best to wait 6-12 months before considering a revision.  Some of the things that may concern you early on may resolve with time.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Wait 6 months to a year......

+1

Your result is in evolution at 7 weeks. It would be better of you waited 6-12 months to let it fully heal before considering anything else. You will get better results with any additional work you have by doing so.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Time is on your side

+1

Though I know it is difficult to try and wait this out, the changes you will see with time will be very significant. Performing a revision too soon after your surgery may lead to less predictable outcomes. 

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

7 weeks is too soon to consider any revisions

+1

You need to give more time.  Seven weeks is way too soon to start thinking about revisions.  Depending on your activity level and your compliance to compressive garments, you are likely experiencing some postop swelling.  Please be patient, talk to your surgeon about your concerns, and wait at least 4-6 months before considering any revision surgery if needed.  Best of luck

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Hard area after tummy tuck

+1

I'd definitely wait a few months before even thinking the word "revision".

Firm areas in the lower abdomen can represent several things.  The most common issue is just some residual swelling (edema) in the lower portion of the flap, which will resolve with time...it may take another 6-8 weeks.

7 weeks is way to early to revise a tummy tuck.

+1

You need to be patient.  The healing is very early in its progression and needs to be permitted completion.  I wouldn't consider a revision of any kind before 6 months.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm