If I Have Already Had a Mini-tummy Tuck, Can I Still Have a Full Tummy Tuck Several Years Later and Get a Good Result?

Full TT after Mini TT

+2

One quick caveat to note is if your belly button stalk was transected (cut) to allow the belly button to float down with the mini TT resection you will need a "delay" procedure to reduce the risk of belly button blood supply issues during the full tummy tuck.  If you are a good candidate for a full TT then you could still have one but your surgeon will be advised to circumscribe the belly button in a separate quick in office procedure 2 weeks prior to your full tummy tuck if your belly button stalk was transected during the mini tummy tuck.  Additinonal care should be taken during the full tummy tuck to preserve a cuff of soft tissue around the belly button for additional blood supply safety.

Dr. Repta

Mini Tummy Tuck Does Not Preclude Later Full Tummy Tuck

+2

If you have previously undergone a mini tummy tuck, there is no reason that you cannot undergo a full tummy tuck at a later date.  This, of course, assumes that you are otherwise a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.

John Whitt, MD

Yes, Full Tummy Tuck Possible After Getting Mini Tummy Tuck

+2

Yes, you can get a Full Tummy Tuck and also expect a great result, if you've already had a Mini Tummy Tuck. 

With a Full Tummy Tuck, you should expect a longer incision, but there will be a greater ability to tighten more loose skin.  You should still have the ability to tighten your tummy muscles and tighten the sides of your tummy, if you need it. 

Best Wishes,

Roy

Roy Kim, MD

Fully Tummy Tuck after Mini Tummy Tuck

+2

Yes, in most cases, it is okay to have a full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck.  However, you would need a full evaluation to ensure that you are a good candidate.  If you can easily pinch the skin between your belly button and your pubis, then this is an indication that there is enough skin to remove to achieve a nice result.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Full TT after an Mini Tummy tuck

+1

Yes its possible. The central laxity can be addressed and tightened and more skin removed.  As long as you are a godd candidate for a full tummy tuck then it should be okay.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Can I have a full Tommy tuck after a mini?

+1
Yes you can. Mini tummy tucks work well, when all the excess skin is below the belly button. There are few patients who satisfy this conditions, therefore I see more unhappy patients coming to me to get a full tummy tuck after they had a mini elsewhere. The surgeon who will do your next operation must find out if during the first surgery, the surgeon had floated your belly button. This is done sometimes to lower the belly bottom and get red of some skin redundancy during a mini operation. If that was done, one can not cut around the belly bottom. There are other ways to handle that situation, but we are really getting too technical for this post.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck

+1

It is certainly possible to have a full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck.  The issues are:

1. The degree of skin excess above the umbilicus.  If this is minimal, you may need a vertical scar where the old umbilical opening was
  2. The umbilicus.  If this was divided and "floated" downward there will be risk of umbilical necrosis with a full tummy tuck

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck following mini tummy tuck procedure

+1

Yes. A full tummy tuck procedure can be performed following a mini tummy tuck. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon regarding the severity and complexity of your case to determine the best and safest possible option for you. A standard (full) tummy tuck involves repair of the rectus muscles and removal of excess and loose skin in the abdominal region. A full tummy tuck improves the body’s contour and provides a tightened abdominal area. Usually, the same incision may be possible to avoid additional scarring.

A fully tummy tuck after a mini-tummy tuck

+1

It's hard to give you a good answer without seeing you, but I don't see why you couldn't get a full tummy tuck after a mini-tummy tuck.  As long as you have looseness of your abdominal wall and excess skin, you should be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Full TT after mini-TT

+1

Yes, this can be performed - however, it is more challenging for the surgeon to tailor the skin, and to position the umbilicus without the need for a small vertical scar where the old umbilical site ends up.  There's typically not very much skin laxity centrally, but lots laterally.

It's better, in general, to do the full TT if that's what people need.

Thomas Fiala, MD