Hard Swelling After a Tummy Tuck?

I just had a tummy tuck done April27th and I have this "fat roll" the doctor says it is swelling and i understand that my other question or thing that is bothering me is where as a few days ago when i touched it and it was soft and now it feels like it is hard is that normal?

When concerned you may have a problem after surgery, you should ALWAYS call your surgeon

+1

Hi there-

I would strongly recommend that you contact your surgeon's office.

It doesn't look (in the photo you posted) like you have a big problem, but a physical exam would be necessary to be sure exactly what is going on.

Congratulations on your flat tummy!

You need to have evaluation with your doctor

+1

If you have hard tissue,then you have swelling and it will get better. If you have feeling of touching water-bed when you press over the swelling, you may have seroma. Please go back to your surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Hard swelling after a tummy tuck

+1

You should ask if you have a seroma or hematoma in the area. This sounds like you do have an issue go back and discuss with the PS.

Regards Dr. B from MIAMI 

Hard swelling after a Tummy Tuck

+1

The best and most reliable source to answer this question is the surgeon who operated on you. From the picture provided you do nor appear to have a major complication. The hardness you are feeling is either swelling or dead fatty tissue (fat necrosis). swelling and small areas of fat necrosis will resolve by themselves. Larger areas may require additional surgery.  Ask your surgeon