OK to Tone Up Before Tummy Tuck Surgery?

Tummy tuck in 2 weeks, All i want gone is my apron and my muscles tight! Is it OKAY to tone up? im 5'2 150lb im happy with my weight i have an apron with a little bit of fat. i had 2 kids i'm done having babies my youngest is 6 months and my weight seems to come to a stop. I have a trouble spot witch is my belly other then that i want to tone my arms and legs, is this okay? (Cardio and Circut tranning and bowflex is what my work out is?)

Exercise before a Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

While I normally would absolutely encourage you to be as fit and healthy as possible going into your abdominoplasty, I truly do not believe that 2 weeks of exercise (no matter the type or intensity) will make a difference.

Moreover, I would be concerned that if you try too hard to get fit in such a short period of time, that you may injure yourself and therefore compromise your outcome or recovery, if not the ability to proceed with surgery.

I would wait until after your procedure.

Toning up before surgery

+1

It is always good to tone up, but you probably won't have much change before your surgery.  It sounds like you already have an exercise routine, so perhaps you should focus on your diet and caloric intake.  If you've already done this, and have "maxed out" on diet and exercise, perhaps consider some liposuction to those areas, but ask your surgeon what he/she thinks.  Don't make any drastic changes to your routine before surgery, and remember your physical activity will diminsh for a while after surgery.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Exercising and toning up just before Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

While there is nothing wrong with exercising, doing so intensively just before a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is not likely to improve your results. (Similar to people who slack off on proper tooth care flossing and brushing who resume proper care a few days before a dental appointment).  Judging from your photograph, you should do well.

Good Luck.

OK to tone up before tummy tuck surgery.

+1

Absolutely "tone up" it can only help in your recovery. By having a stronger cardiac output, healthier healing potential. Love the question.

From MIAMI dr. B

Core strengthening and education prior to tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

Generally, it is always advisable to diet and exercise, However, in  2 weeks you are unlikely to achieve any significant improvement that will provide you with any substantial benefits to your surgery. I would recommend that you consider becoming educated and familar with core strengthening (as performed in Pilates) as this may ease your recovery and enhance the overall results of your muscle tightening procedure.