How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Huntsville, Alabama?

I weigh 219lbs. 5'6" with a BMI of 34. I would like to know a close estimate of how much a tummy tuck would cost me in Huntsville,AL. if I paid cash. I have attached photos of my tummy to give a better idea. I know having the surgery will not make me healthier, but I would like to do this in the very near future. Sort of a jump start to my mommy makeover.

Costs of Surgery

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cost of tummy tuck

+1

Cost of tummy tuck varies depending on the followings: 1) Surgeon's fee, 2) Anesthesia fee, and 3) Facility fee.  All of the above will depend on the amount of time needed to perform your surgery.  For instance, a patient needing two-hour tummy tuck will be charged less than another person needing four-hour extended tummy tuck. Tummy tuck is a great procedure to contour the abdomen, especially for moms who have excess skin and fat as well as stretched out muscle.  Tummy tuck should be done when one is at a stable weight.  Given your photos, I would encourage you to lose some more weight; then, your result will be better. 

Sugene Kim, MD