Combining Tummy Tuck, Breast Implants and Butt Injections?

I'm having surgery in February and I want all three procedures. Is it safe? I weigh 138 lbs and 5'6" at 35 yrs of age

Tummy Tuck, Breast implants, and Butt injections- Bad idea

+2

No, because of positioning issues.

To recover from butt injections, it is important not to put any pressure on butt to ensure fat graft survival. Hence no sitting for three weeks. So you have to be on your stomach a lot.

I have done about 10 tummy tucks combined with Bazilian Butt Lift. It is not an easy recovery and requires use of pain pumps.

Even without doing a Tummy Tuck, I would not combine fat injections to the butt with breast implants. Breast implants pose a problem because they can displace to the sides when you are laying on your stomach so much of the time

Check out the video below on Brazilian Butt lift and the link on anesthesia for long procedures.

Combining Tummy Tuck, Breast Implants, and Butt Injections is a potentially great combination

+2

Combining all three procedures is a great combination. You are, however, leaving out one key procedure. That is, liposuction to get the fat for the butt injections.

I generally like to take this fat from the waist/lower back. I often combine the three procedure for maximum improvement of the body. The breast, trunk/abdomen, and buttock appear as one unit.; think how a woman appears in a bathing suit. And when this one unit is adressed together, it looks great.

My only limitation is, I have to think I can complete the procedure within 5 to 6 hours to meet the guidlines approved the the plastic surgery society.

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon

Combining breast implants, tummy tuck and buttock augmentation

+2

The most important factor going into this type of procedure is your overall health. I recommend having your internist or family physician give you a complete physical examination and order appropriate lab studies and possibly an EKG prior to undergoing this type of combination surgery. You may even need to make arrangements to stay overnight at an aftercare facility to be observed the first night of surgery.

Outpatient surgery generally should be kept to under six hours to ensure patient safety. One of the most feared risks of a surgery this long, is the development of blood clots in your legs (DVTs). These clots can form during a long surgery and in some cases can spread to you heart and lungs. As a precaution during the surgery you will be wearing stockings and pneumatic compression devices to promote your circulation during the surgery. It's also important to begin walking early after surgery.

Please discuss this further with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to your scheduled surgeries.

William Bruno, MD

Combining tummy tuck, breast implants, and butt injections?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! These procedures can be effectively and safely performed in one setting. The breasts and tummy tuck are commonly performed together, often referred to as the "mommy makeover". If you are healthy and your surgeon decides that s/he could perform the procedures in a safe time for you, these procedures certainly can be done in one stage.  However, you may consider staging these into 2 settings as each of these will take several hours as well as the procedures on multiple areas with position changes as well. 

It is your decision as to whether you have your procedures performed in one or multiple stages, but your surgeon will give his/her recommendations. I would consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in these procedures and discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what your options are as well as have an examination. Your safety is ultimately the most important factor and is always on the mind of your surgeon when making such decisions. Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Combining Tummy Tuck, Breast Implants and BBL

+1
Different surgeons will recommend different procedures including doing more than one at a time. Some surgeons also differ in ability, time it takes to do the same procedure and general. It makes this a difficult choice for patients. Based on my own experience I would do all at once as long as it takes 4 or less hours. For me, typical liposuction on one or two areas on the front of your body or lower back to harvest fat for buttock fat transfer (Brazilian Butt Lift), a tummy tuck and breast augmentation will take about 4 hours as I use an assistant to minimize anesthesia time so I recommend this be done in one surgery.

Not only that, it is possible to place breast implants through the TT incision but I prefer this technique. Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Combination makes sense and is safe. Contrary to some of the answers I have found that the recovery time is not delayed and is the same as the tummy tuck procedure by itself. That is because you are healing simultaneously and not sequentially - both heal at the same time. The procedure only takes me about a half hour to 45 minutes longer than the tummy tuck alone. Best of all, I usually put in the breast implants through the tummy tuck incision so that there are no scars on the breasts.
I have performed many of these combination procedures over the past few decades and think it is a great idea without significant increased complications

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Experienced plastic surgeons can perform combination procedures safely.

+1

Experienced plastic surgeons with expertise in this area can do all three safely at one time.  Usually I start with the breast augmentation, then perform liposuction (this also allows me to harvest the fat), followed by buttock fat injection, and finally the tummy tuck.  You are young and at ideal body weight.  To be safe, blood loss needs to be minimized, the surgery cannot be overly long, and ideally you are not positioned prone (face down) during the surgery.  I prefer a total IV anesthetic.  Compression devices are used on your calves to avoid blood clots.  Buttock fat injection is not typically painful.  The recovery time is still about the same as if you had a tummy tuck alone.  So this way you accomplish more during the same period of time off work.  You may view some examples of these mommy makeover procedures on my website.  A link is attached.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Combining Tummy Tuck, Breast Implants and Butt Injections

+1

Provided that you are in good health and have appropriate objectives, the tummy tuck, breast implants, and butt injections can be combined to provide excellent benefits. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS