Tummy Tuck and Weak Tummy Muscles?

Hi,I'm a 30 year old mum of 4 ages 7 -1.I went for a consultation yesterday for a tummy tuck and after exams,he told me that I had weak tummy muscles and dat I may not get a FLAT tummy after the procedure.he said that her will try his best to tighten the muscle as best as he can and that I may not be able to have more kids.that bit scared me cos even though im done with kids,no woman wants to hear that she can't ve more kids.I need advise before I make this life changing decision.thank u

Tummy Tuck and Weak Tummy Muscles?

+1

Both items of advice you received sound suspect to me and suggest that you would be well off to get another opinion. 

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Pregnancy after diastasis repair should not be a problem

+1

You would be best obtaining another opinion regarding both your results and the pregnancies, as what you were told goes against the conventional wisdom.

Flat stomach

+1

you should be able to have a flat abdomen afetr a tummy tuck especially if you are a thin patient. Diastasis repairs can survive additional pregnancies.

Flat tummy and pregnancy

+1

Dear dreal,

Sorry about your consultation. Was your doctor an experienced board certified plastic surgeon ? In my experience it is unusual not to be able to obtain a flat stomach after tummy tuck. It might happen if you are very  overweight with  significant intra abdominal fat.  As far as pregnancy after tummy tuck, I have a number of patients who had a healthy delivery after tummy tuck and the somach was still nice and flat. I would recommend a 2nd consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck questions

+1
Having a tummy tuck will not prevent you from having more children. However, pregnancy and its attendant stretching of the abdomen and weight gain, may require revision of the tummy tuck. You need to decide whether you will not have more children and if concerned about contraception, consider a tubal ligation (or vasectomy for your partner). Weak abdominal musculature can be tightened during the abdominoplasty but the female anatomy is not consistent with a total flat, washboard abdomen and this needs to be recognized.

Children and a Tummy Tuck

+1

It is highly recommended to be completely done with having children before considering a tummy tuck. If a patient were to get pregnant after a tummy tuck, the baby could be born prematurely because the abdomen may not stretch to hold the baby. I usually recommend patients to have a tubal ligation at the time of surgery if they have not yet had one already.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are considering having more children, do not have a tummy tuck.  Having children will undo the surgery.  Many patients have a GYN doctor perform a tubal ligation the day of the Tummy Tuck.