Has Any One Done a TT LIPO and BBL Together?

Is it safe ?

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

The two can be performed together, but you should be aware of a few things.  If you are fat limited, the amount of fat harvested and transferred will be limited as you cannot aggressively suction the tummy tuck flap.  In recovery, you will not be able to rest on your stomach or back comfortably.  Also, resting on your back may compromise the fat grafting result.  I do these two procedures hundreds of times each per year, but I am not sure whether I would recommend them at the same time.  I would make that decision based upon patient goals and anatomy.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Combining a Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift is safe

+1

It is safe to combine a TT and BBL. I commonly do this together about 2-3 times per week. You need to make sure you select a doctor experienced in both procedures. It will make your recovery longer and more painful, but there is significant advantages to getting these both done at the same time.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Tummy Tuck and BBL combined procedures

+1

A tummy tuck can be combined with a Brazilian Butt Lift.  Your plastic surgeon would decide if you are an optimal candidate.  It does take a longer surgical time to perform both procedures together.  Ambulation is important post operatively.  In my practice, I often perform both procedures together.

Michelle Hardaway, MD
Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Combining Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfers to the Buttock

+1

I believe that combining a tummy tuck and fatr transfers is a very good option. We routinely utilize liposucition with our abdominoplasties and rather than discarding the fat, it can be used for buttock augmentation with very favorable results- why waste all of that good fat.

When combining procedures, it is important to assure that you are a good candidate for the longer surgery. Unless you have medical reasons not to do both procedures at the same time, I think it is a good idea.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Tummy tuck risks can increase with BBL

+1

The key to a great result from the BBL procedure is adequate fat to transfer. If the tummy is the place to go, then the tummy tuck might be more risk prone as the circulation might be compromised. Also the length of the procedure can increase the recovery risk. It can be a safe combination, but be careful what you ask for.

Doing tummy tuck, liposuction and Brazilian buttock lift all together

+1

This sounds like a great idea until you start looking into the details. First is the length of surgery which can take up to 6 to 8 hours all together if each procedure is done thoroughly and correctly. It's probably quite safe with today's surgical and anesthesia advancement in safety but it's also quite possible that increasing surgical time can increase risks of post op complications which no one likes. Second issue has to do with recovery. Imagine both your abdomen, flanks and back have been operated on and now you need to lie down. What's safe position? If you are on your back then you just crushed the fat transfer to the buttock. If you are on your stomach, then your tummy tuck repair may be jeopardized. This combination makes it quite difficult for the recovery period and may interfere with proper recovery and ultimately final result. Yes, we can do it but a better question is should we?

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

TT + lipo + BBL safe ?

+1

Dear Villanelly81,

this may be a lot of procedures all at once. Once you go under anesthesia for more than 4 hours, you may increase your risk of blood clots, infection, etc...

If you were my patient, I would suggest you undergo the liposuction of the abdomen and back, then transfer the fat to the buttocks at once. your surgeon can be more agressive in fat removal, since no skin cut for a TT.

the recovery will be fast, you will not miss work more than 1 or 2 days. and you may loose weight from the procedure. you will have to walk from day 1.

Then you can consider a TT 6 months or 1 year later. the recovery will be longer, with 6 weeks without exercises. But both procedures will be done faster individually, so less risks.

Good luck,

Florence Mussat MD

Florence Mussat, MD