Will my Butt Shrink After Fat Transfer?

I am 6 days post op from buttocks fat transfer, lipo of abdomen, flanks, inner, and outer thighs. I'm happy with everything, except my butt looks extremely large and disproportionate. I know I'm swollen, but how much size can I expect to lose over the next month or so. Extremely worried my butt is too huge!!

Will My Butt Shrink After Fat Transfer?

+1

If the buttock appeared to be perfect at 6 days, after 3 months you would not be satisfied with the result.  After the swelling is gone and some of the fat does not survive, the buttock will be considerably smaller than at day 6.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Butt too big after BBL

+1

Yes, you have a lot of swelling.  It takes 6-12 weeks for most of the swelling to go away, and in some patients it takes 6 months.  Be patient, it sounds like you are probably going to get an amazing result.

Dennis Dass, MD

Fat loss after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Some of the transferred fat will die after a Brazilian Butt Lift. This amount of fat loss will vary by technique and surgeon. I tell my patients to expect to lose about 30% of the fat over the first 3 months. Some docs say that they lose 50% of the fat, which in my opinion is way too much fat loss and may be because they are failing to use modern harvesting techniques or are trying to transfer too much fat.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Postoperative changes with the Brazilian butt lift

+1

In my patients the buttocks shrink the first 2 to 3 weeks and after that the size will remain the same but the buttocks will still be swollen and will take 2 to 3 months to soften.

Wendell Perry, MD