Will Dissolvable Stitches Have "Pop" Feeling on TT Incision? Or Is This Something Else?

I am 4 weeks 2 days po from TT surgery today while I was just standing I felt a "pop" in my incision line. I thought it opened until I looked and it was fine and closed. It had burning sensation for about 2 min and is tender to touch. Is it just the disolvable stitches or should I be concerned? Thanks

Not to be concerned

+1

You should check in with your surgeon for a quick look and reassurance.

Most likely a dissolving suture has dissolved or pulled away from the tissues which is common and of no consequence as you are already 4 weeks postop and the incision line remained intact.  There are plenty of other sutures surrounding and multiple layers to assure that you will heal well.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Your tummy tuck sutures internally may have broken

+1

In a tummy tuck the underlying muscle is often plicated. By that I mean that the thin white sturdy layer over the to vertical rectus muscles is sutured with a series of sutures to flatten the central portion of the abdomen. In addition the deep layer underneath the fat is closed with sutures. Another level of sutures is placed in the subcutaneous or fatty tissue and then finally a final layer of sutures is placed in the skin. Any of these deeper sutures may have "popped" but most surgeons put the sutures in as interrupted sutures so that if you do break it doesn't affect the integrity of the wound closure.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD