Use Triluma on Dark Areas of Scar Only?

I have 3 scars on my leg. They are pink and around them are very dark. Should I use Triluma on the entire scar since triluma has bleaching properties or just on the dark areas of each scar?

Triluma

+1

I would only use the Triluma as directed by your physician.

Remember, Triluma has a bleaching agent (Hydroquinone 4%) a retinoic acid as well as a steroid component. Prolonged skin exposure to the steroid can cause detrimental effects of thinning the dermis and resultant damage to the skin. I only allow my patients to use the Triluma for 6 weeks and then abstain for at least 2-3 months. This may be viewed as conservative, but I have as yet to experience any significant side effects and use the porduct often.

I hope this helps!

Dr. C