Treatment for Pink Under Eyelids?

I have been told that the skin under my eyes is very thin and that is why my skin there looks so bright pink all the time.

I just want to know if there is anything besides makeup to cover to treat this problem? I always look tired and I get tired of wearing makeup all the time especially to the pool, if I don't, I look awful. Please help!!

Pink Skin under the Eyelids

+1

You can try Prevage MD. Its available in doctor's offices every night. During day have sunscreen and dark glasses.

If this does not work then get a vascular laser or IPL done and that will help.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pink lower eyelids could be from allergy to one of your skin-care products.

+1

You should see a dermatologist to determine if your pink lower lids are from a contact dermatitis. The lower eyelid skin is very delicate and thin, and allergic dermatitis is fairly common.

A simple test would be to discontinue all of your facial products, and apply over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream 2 times a day. If the pink is gone in a week, you've got your diagnosis.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon