Treatment for Pink Under Eyelids?

I have been told that the skin under my eyes is very thin and that is why my skin there looks so bright pink all the time.

I just want to know if there is anything besides makeup to cover to treat this problem? I always look tired and I get tired of wearing makeup all the time especially to the pool, if I don't, I look awful. Please help!!

Pink Skin under the Eyelids

You can try Prevage MD. Its available in doctor's offices every night. During day have sunscreen and dark glasses.

If this does not work then get a vascular laser or IPL done and that will help.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pink lower eyelids could be from allergy to one of your skin-care products.

You should see a dermatologist to determine if your pink lower lids are from a contact dermatitis. The lower eyelid skin is very delicate and thin, and allergic dermatitis is fairly common.

A simple test would be to discontinue all of your facial products, and apply over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream 2 times a day. If the pink is gone in a week, you've got your diagnosis.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon