When Can I Play Golf After Blepharoplasty?

I am an active golfer with a fairly fast swing and a low handicap. How soon would I be able to go back to playing as I normally do following Blepharoplasty (Eyelid surgery)?

Golfing after blepharoplasty

+1

I would wait two to three weeks after surgery. Also I would wear sunglasses to avoid the sun exposed to the incision lines of the bleph. Good luck!

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Okay to golf two weeks after blepharoplasty surgery

+1

It would be acceptable to resume playing golf at two weeks post surgery. The physical exercise of swinging the club and walking can be adequately performed after two weeks.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Wait 2 weeks after Blepharoplasty for strenuous activity

+1

I suggest waiting about 2 weeks. This will depend somewhat on the type of blepharoplasty that you had and if you had other procedures. Your plastic surgeon can give you a more specific time frame. When you do go back, go slowly and build up your activity. Don't get carried away the first time you're back on the golf course. Also, remember to wear sunblock and sunglasses. Enjoy!

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after blepharoplasty

+1

You should wait for two weeks before resuming physical activities such as golf. I recommend you wear sunscreen and sun glasses when you start playing again. When you go back to golf, follow your instincts and slow down or stop if you feel discomfort or throbbing.

Playing Golf and Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Lift

+1

Two of my favorite activities, golf and eyelid lifts. Eyelid lifts vary so much that I can't tell you when you'll be able to get back to the links. However, I'll take the extremes. If you just get skin and a little fat taken out of the upper lids then You'll be back, with a little bruising and minor swelling, within 5-6 days. However, if you're getting upper and lower lids with skin and fat removal, lower lid fat redraping, an internal browpexy and canthopexies or canthoplasties then you'll be out for two weeks at least.

Although the eyes swell quickly the swelling dissipates quickly with ice and elevation. The bruising, which is usually minor, will take the customary 2-3 weeks to resolve. Some advocate the use of Arnica Montana to lessen bruising. The jury is still out on this as the supplements taken internally are diluted to the point of not containing any plant extract (due to toxicity).

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

At least two weeks

+1

Hi,

I would recommend waiting at least two weeks to get back into golf. You want to play it safe and not put yourself at risk. A little more time may be necessary if you had upper and lower blepharoplasty. It really depends in if you are healing appropriately after surgery.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Two Weeks after most facial surgery

+1

Unless you are having some type of skin rejuvenation with Laser most facial surgeries require about two weeks of recovery without vigorous exercise. Walking can usually be started in about a week but exerting yourself can lead to throbbing and discomfort. The integrity of the suture lines also need to be considered.

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Play golf 7 to 10 days after Blepharoplasty

+1

This is for my patients in uncomplicated cases. Practice your putting in the mean time. I would also recomment the use of sunglasses when you go back because you might be somewhat sensitive to bright light that often accompanies eyelid surgery.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Wait 2-3 weeks befrore vigorous physical activity after blepharoplasty

+1

The concern about vigorous exercise after blepharoplasty is that increasing your heart rate and blood pressure could cause bleeding. The blood vessels around the eyelids are very fragile and if bleeding occurs it can be dangerous.

I limit activity for 2 weeks after blepharoplasty, but vigorous exertion such as weight training or in your case "power" golf, I would wait 3 weeks

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-eyelid-rejuvenation-laser-blepharoplasty/

Physical activity after eyelid surgery

+1

Typically you want to wait at least 2wks before starting any activity that can be strenuous or put you in a postion where you have to put your head down. This can result in increased swelling and pain. Waiting for 2wks allows enough healing time so you can avoid these downsides. As always make sure you check with your surgeon to see how your specific healing is going before starting any activity. One of my patients went back in a week but that is not common.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.