Best Way to Treat Incision Scars After Medial Thigh Lift?

i had a medial thigh lift 2 weeks ago and the scars won't heal and they keep opening up from the stiches. i when back for stiching 2 times and they still won't heal. i am desperate.

how is it better to treat them: keep them open to dry, and just put a cicatidrina cream or put on betadine and keep them closed? should i wear the bandage and the corsage or not? my doctor left for a month of easter holidays and i am here in bed afraid to make a move. please help.

Medial thigh lift

+2

Medial thigh lift scars in the groin area are the most difficult to heal. They require a lot of care. If they open depending on the area I may partially close them and treat as an open wound. Clean with betadine, then apply antibiotic cream and cove . Change the dressings at least three times daily. They will heal in about 6 weeks. Monitor for infection during the healing peroid.

Open wound after thigh lift

+2

I would say that you should be seen by the doctor who is covering your doctors patients. If it has been closed twice and still opens you may have to let it heal on its own and then have a scar revision. I prefer my patients use bacitracin type ointment should this happen as a moist wound heals faster than a dry one. By no means should this be taken as medical advice and I would definitely suggest seeing someone near where you are. Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Healing after a medial thigh lift

+1

You are describing a common problem after medial thigh lifts. The delayed healing occurs both due to tension on the scars and to strong non-absorbable sutures in the deeper tissues that are anchoring the thigh skin towards the groin. This will eventually stop. Sometime an isolated suture or 2 must be removed. I recommend that you keep the scars clean, swab to open areas with peroxide twice a day, and apply antibiotic ointment and gauze dressings.

I also recommend that you do not just lay around. Instead, get up, walk around, and start doing as many normal things as possible without stressing the incisions.

Finally, your plastic surgeon most likely has another plastic surgeon covering his or her practice, so why not give this surgeon a call?

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift incisions

+1

Thigh lift incisions have a tendency to heal slow because of their location. Most of the time the incisions/open areas just need local care. The care depends on how they look.

Your surgeon can advise you how to treat the open/closed areas. Being on easter vacation, does he have someone answering the phone, resp. cover the care of his patients  while he is on vacation? Call his office or the hospital where you had your surgery. Try other Plastic Suigeons in Cyprus or on the Greek mainland  for advice.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Delayed healing of medial thighs

+1

It is best to ask your doctor how he wants you to treat your inner thigh wounds. Every surgeon has different regimens.