Is It Worth Having a Thigh Lift in Your 50's?

I would like to get rid of the excess skin on my thighs after Tummy Tuck surgery but considering my age and the cost, is it worth it?

I'm happy with my Tummy Tuck all, pretty good but not perfect. I'm assuming, though, with my age that the skin is thinning. If I bump myself, it tears pretty easy without my noticing. I don't have any unrealistic expectations. I just hate the saggy skin on thighs.

Thigh reduction

+2

Depending on the amount of redundant skin on the thigh it can be quite rewarding for the patient. Removing some skin from the upper and medial thigh can make the entire thigh look tighter. The scars can be noticeable but are placed medially and superiorly so as to be less conspicuous. If the excess skin is moderate it can contract with Liposuction- minimally and with Bodytite a new technique of liposuction that causes skin to contract (not yet FDA approved). Some skin tightening can be expected with laser lipo also.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift surgery in your 50's

+1
Fifty is a very common age to have aesthetic surgery done.  The risks of surgery really depend more on your health than on your chronological age.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together, you will determine what your goals are, and if they can be accomplished.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Thigh Lift Surgery for Patients in Their 50's

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to undergo thigh lift surgery while in their fifties.  Under these circumstances the patients over all health is much more important than their absolute age.

When patients are in good health otherwise, the risk benefit ratio is favorable when patients are over fifty.  Patients generally report high levels of satisfaction and improved quality of day to day life.

It’s important to realize that every patient’s situation is unique and age is one of a large number of variables that should be considered prior to thigh lift surgery.  For this reason it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a comprehensive evaluation.  This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift

+1

First, 50 is very young.

Part of the examination is to evaluate the skin and the holding power of the skin. I assume you are either talking about the medial thighs or the lateral thighs, or both.

Even in thin skin you can get a good result. Only you can decide after hearing the pros and cons whether it is worth it for you or not.