Trampoline Neck Lift or Smart Lipo

Hi..... I am a 49 year old female who has slightly sagging skin just beneath the chin...a trampoline neck lift was suggested but after reading up on the procedure it sounds a little scary and also very involved ....I dont know if I want a permanent thread running through my jaw and up to my ears!! Couldnt I just do some smart lipo and be done with it? Thank you very much for you reply.

The right treatment for a sagging lower face and neck

+4

Unfortunately, there are many trademarked names associated with cosmetic surgical procedures.  These are commonly, nothing more than a marketing spin.  Unfortunately, these "brand name" procedures result in confusion.   The gold standard for rejuvenation of the lower face and neck is still a face and neck lift.  Ideally, the vector of elevation is partially vertical in orientation.  A well-done face and neck lift that supports and tightens the neck muscle (platysma) and SMAS will give you a beautiful and naturally rejuvenated appearance.  It is important to seek a Facelift specialist (board certified by either the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or Plastic Surgery).  See lots of before and afters and talk to patients who have had the procedure.   

Good luck, 

Dr. Karam

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo for neck laxity

+2

Cross SmartLipo off your list.  The amount of skin tightening that it can do is minimal.  Besides, the surgeon is much more important to the final outcome than the gadget is.

You may need a traditional facelift or neck lift.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Neck lift

+2

Marketing named procedures always concern me.  A neck lift can be a nice rejuvenation procedure for someone with loose skin in the neck, platysma banding and even submental fat.  Go to a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Good luck!

Avoid Trampoline and other fixation suture neck lifts, for minimal laxity new laser neck lifts work

+2

Avoid neck lifts with catchy names like trampoline lift that involve the use of permanent fixation sutures that run from the neck to behind the ear.

I have consulted on many patients who have had these procedures done elsewhere and they have had problems including nerve injury and adherant scars that create unsightly folds in the face and neck.

For some people they work, but in my opinion the risks of problems are too great and the problems that do happen are difficult or impossible to fix.

For patients who have mild or minimal laxity beneath the chin and no platysmal banding I have had excellent results with the laser neck lift (see link below) using the SlimLipo Laser Assisted Liposuction technique(see pics in link below.)

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Try non invasive first

+2

If you only have a small amount of skin in excess, try ULTHERA. No down time and it will tighten your skin after one treatment.

Luis A. Vinas, MD

Smartlipo of Neck

+2

Without pictures, it is impossible to give specific advice.  That said, if you have very loose skin, then you need a traditional neck or lower facelift.  If your only problem is mild fullness to your neck, then the Smartlipo may work well.  If you are looking for mild definition to your jawline and do not mind permanent sutures placed under your skin through multiple stab incisions, then the trampoline lift might work well for you.

David Shafer, MD

Tramploline Neck Lift or Smart Lipo

+2

As you can see there are many common opinions to your "Tramploline" neck lift. Most are responding that this is a spin of the Feldman "corset plasty" , I agree. But to directly answer your question  I find is the way I will proceed. Yes a Smart Lipo or any type of lipo can correct if your skin is not too lax. That is why a photo helps. Also if you observe the patient who had this Tramp. lift she was in her twenties NOT her late 40's. Be careful out there. 

Choosing between liposuction and neck lift

+2
There are very many ways to lift and correct laxity in the neck. Liposuction will work quite well if the problem is excess fat with good skin tone and elasticity. When skin elasticity has been lost liposuction can improve the contour but make the skin laxity more apparent. The most popular correction at age 49 is a form of a short scar or mini facelift. The use of suspension or 'permanent' sutures will not withstand the test of time and we would recommend that you avoid them.
peterejohnsonmd

Minifacelift

+2

Hi,

It all depends on how much skin laxity and submental fat  you have. A minilift is nice because not only can you tighten the neckline but you also address any jowling you may have. Smart lipo is also a good choice if you have minimal skin laxity and/or fat but I dont think the results will last as long as minilift.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Neck Lift

+2

I recommend that you see an experienced Facelift Surgeon in your area and avoid "brand names" when considering a procedure.  There are several components that contribute to obliquity in the neck, including laxity of the skin, excess fat, and muscle (platysma) laxity.  Sometimes an isolated neck lift is sufficient, but at age 49 you are approaching an age where Facelift may produce more rewarding results. Likewise, you are approaching an age where isolated liposuction (smart lipo, or some other form of laser assisted lipolysis) is less likely to be the best form of treatment.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon