I'm 22, how many units of Botox should I get? (photos)

Mostly show when I am tired or stressed and make me look angry

Natural Botox results

+2
For natural non-paralyzed Botox results, you likely need 20-25 units total to address your forehead.  Based on your picture, you have a high-risk of having unnaturally elevated lateral brow if not injected properly. Look for an expert injector in your area. 

Botox paralyzes muscles

+2
and I am not an advocate of paralyzing foreheads as it leads to drooping of your brow.  In my experience, 15 units will take are of frowing.  15 units (7.5 each side) will take care of Crow's feet.  Then units vary after this depending on what you  are trying to accomplish.  Make sure you are getting fresher product and the units you pay for.  In my practice, I will even boost results that do not meet my expectations if I used the standard amounts.

Curtis Wong, MD

Botox and forehead

+1
You look like the ideal candidate for Botox in your forehead.  The exact amount of Botox depends on the exact results that you want.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience with facial injections and Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

I'm 22, how many units of Botox should I get?

+1
Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future line/wrinkles and can help soften lines on the forehead if they're not to deep to start, its best you seek a reputable Board certified physician for an in-person evaluation to see what may be best for your aesthetic desires.

22 & Botox

+1
This is a question that I get asked often. The amount of Botox that an individual needs varies based on muscle activity and age. For instance, the amount of Botox that an individual who has been receiving Botox treatments since s/he was 20, in comparison to an individual who starts receiving Botox units in their latter 40s varies based on many biological and environmental factors. In general, the range of units that most twenty year olds get is 20 to 40 units. For twenty year olds, Botox treatments are a great preventative measure for the rate at which you start getting and seeing fine lines and wrinkles.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1
The amount of Botox you will likely need injected really depends on what results you are looking for. I recommend visiting an experienced Botox injector to get their advice. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Units of botox

+1
Be careful on selecting your injector. Best to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has had training and experience . Injecting just the forehead can lead to eyelid drooping - start with 10 to 15 units glabella and 6 to 8 forehead . Recheck 2 weeks and may add more if needed . Make sure the product is fresh. Hope this helps . Thank you. 

Linda J. Banta, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

Botox Units

+1
There is no right answer to your question. I average 20 to 25u, however this requirement is variable, because the response differs between patients. Also the desired outcome differs, so you should feel that you can free to communicate to your physician what you are looking to achieve from the treatment. Good Luck.

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead

+1
Hello and thanks for your question. The most accurate determination of how many units you would need is best done through an in-person consultation. However, judging from your pictures, I would give you 10-15 units of Botox to start off with. Then in 2 weeks I would re-evaluate you. If you need additional units to achieve your desired results then it can be given during your follow up appointment. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

How Much Botox For the Forehead?

+1
It is always best to see an expert injector to get an accurate estimate of exactly how much you would need to soften the wrinkles.  Generally I would start with just 20 units for this problem to see if you like the results.  You can can always add more later.

Best regards,

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon