If I get Botox for my crows feet, will it change the look of my face? Will I still be able to squint?

Botox for Crow's Feet

+1
Proper injection of the Crow's feet around the eyes should not change the look of your face or make you unable to squint.  It will merely eliminate the fine lines around the eyes.

+1
Injecting Botox to the crows feet will not change the look to your face, it would only eliminate fine lines/wrinkles 

Subtle softening of Crow's feet with Botox treatment

+1
The lateral periorbital rhytids/crow's feet area is one that even with Botox treatment looks very natural.  Most untrained observers will not be able to pick out that the area was treated.  Also, the dosage can be titrated to allow softening without completely eliminating the lines.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox Treatment of Crow's Feet

+1
Getting Botox at your crow’s feet will not drastically change the appearance of your face. The Botox will simply soften the fine lines and wrinkles at the sides of your eyes. You should still be able to squint and perform other facial expressions after getting Botox injections. Squinting is not good for wrinkle prevention and in order to avoid squinting, I’d suggest that you wear sunglasses and/or eyeglasses as needed.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Crow's feet

+1
will not change your facial appearances.  It will smooth the lateral canthal area when smiling and it should not prevent you from squinting.  But squinting is bad for wrinkling so avoid that too by using sun glasses regularly.

Curtis Wong, MD

Botox around the eyes will soften the crows feet.

+1
Botox for crows feet does not change the look of the face if done conservatively.  If you are very concerned you can ask for a 2/3 dose to start with and you can always add the other 1/3 at your follow-up 1-2 weeks later.  I have done this for some of my younger patients that want a very soft effect and they have been very happy with this approach, even if they end up wanting the full dose at follow-up.  For my normal patient a full dose is 12 units for each eye (24 units total) and for the 2/3 dose I usually put in about 9 units for each eye (total 18 units).  Hope this is helpful for you.  Enjoy. 

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Botox treatment of lines around your eyes should not change the appearance of your face. You will still be able to express yourself and your look should not change. The lines around your eyes, though, should be softened following an appropriate Botox treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for crow's feet

+1
Botox for crow's feet is one of the most popular treatments, other than the 11s. With a good injector you should still be able to move all natural muscles but just not to the same extreme as before, so yes, you can squint.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox effect on facial expression

+1
If done correctly by an experienced injector then you should be able to maintain all of your natural facial expressions after Botox treatment. In the crow's feet area, after your treatment you will still be able to smile and squint, only when you do you will notice a dramatic decrease in the amount of wrinkles in the area. Botox works great for the crow's feet areas and people are normally extremely happy with their results. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Facial after BOTOX

+1
It is unlikely that the facial caused any problems for you. The saline containing the BOTOX would have been absorbed long before your facial. It is, however, a good idea not to get a facial until a day after BOTOX injection 

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist