Can glabella botox lift medial/inner brows?

I raise my eyebrows a lot because it looks better and my brows/eyelids feel heavy otherwise. I recently had botox to lift the lateral brows, but the medial brows are also quite low and no botox was injected for them. Will botox to the glabella region help to lift the medial or inner brows at all?

Medial brow can go either way with Botox

+2
I will disagree slightly with the other answers.
Treating the crows feet almost always lifts the lateral brow. Some patients more than others.
But treating the medial brow is less reliable. All will get a relaxed and smoothed affect. But some will get some elevation and some depression. It depends on the laxity of the brow skin.
The lateral brow the muscles treated pull the brow down, and thus relaxing them, allows the upper brow muscles to be unapposed and lift. In the medial brow there are not pure depressors treated  to allow the brow to go up, by treating the 11s or frown some elevation may be lost as well. The final effect is variable and partially dependent on the skin laxity and individual anatomy

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Brows

+1
Yes, injecting Botox into the glabella area will lift the medial brows and make your eyes look like they are more open.  Please find an experienced dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox and Medial Brow lift

+1
Yes,  placing a modest amount of botox in the glabella region can weaken the corrugator muscle and procerus muscle which not only results in the softening of the "eleven" and "bunny" lines but also allows a modest medial brow lift.   Caution, too much increases the risk of Botox drifting to the levator muscle which can cause a droopy eyelid.  Too high a placement weakens the frontalis muscle resulting in a medial brow DROP.   Go with an experienced Botox injector and be conservative to find out what works for you. 

Lee Kleiman, MD
Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, Botox to the corrugator muscle(medial brow muscle that causes vertical frown lines) can elevate the medial eyebrows a small amount. The action of this muscles pulls the eyebrow medially and downward. When this muscle action is blocked by Botox, the medial edge of the brow will move a bit upward and outward which opens up this area and looks more youthful.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Botox treatment of the glabella should lift the inner eyebrow

+1
Appropriate Botox treatment between the eyebrows will weaken the brow depressor muscles creating a subtle lift in the inner portion of the brow. However, an inexperienced injector can easily direct those injections too high which can result in a droop of the medial brow. For this reason, seek an experienced Plastic Surgeon, Oculoplastic Surgeon or Dermatologist injector. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Elevating medial brows with Botox

+1
When the glabella is treated, two muscles are being relaxed: the corrugator and the procerus.  The corrugator creates vertical wrinkles in the glabella, while the procerus creates horizontal wrinkles.  Both of these muscles depress the medial brow, so relaxing these muscles does elevate the medial brow.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1
Yes, Botox in the glabella does lift the medial brow. The corrugator muscles between the eyebrows attach near the top of the nose and tend to depress or pull down the medial eyebrow. By weakening these muscles the elevator muscles of the forehead subsequently are unopposed and raise the brow. 

By treating the the Crow's Feet area the tail or lateral brow can have a slight lift as well. This is what is termed "chemical brow lift".

If treating the upper forehead as well one must be careful to leave a strip of untreated muscle above the brow so it can still pull upwards. This takes a bit of knowledge of the anatomy and experience.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the Glabellar area can elevate the brow

+1
Botox in your glabellar area can elevate the brow. I almost never do a forehead without including this area as I worry about then lowering the brow. Try it and you will get a feel for how much elevation it can give you

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

+1
Yes it can.  The results are different in everyone so the exact amount cannot be predicted.  It might be worth trying it.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, Botox can relax the muscles between the side of the nose and the eyebrow allowing the medial eyebrow to float upward.

+1
If used properly, Botox can be used to treat the muscles between the side of the nose and the eyebrow.  The Relaxation of these muscles gives a natural lift to the medial brow.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon