Timing Between Sculptra Treatments? Can it Migrate?

How long can I wait after my 2nd Sculptra treatment before getting the 3rd one. (Each treatment had 2 vials done). ? Is it better to go more times and use only one vial after the 2nd treatment? Can Sculptra crystals migrate from the injection site?

Sculptra

+1

It is common for Sculptra treatments to be spaced 6-8 weeks apart.  The amount of volume used is dependent on how much facial volume loss there is.  

Sculptra treatment timing

+1

The timing of Sculptra treatments may vary from doctor to doctor, but I would say the minimum amount of time between treatments would be 4 weeks.  There is no downside to waiting longer than this time, but they should not be done sooner.  Since Sculptra is a stimulating agent, generally, more treatments equals more volume in the treated area.  I have been using Sculptra for more than 11 years and have never seen it migrate to another area.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing between Sculptra treatments

+1

Each physician may have their own guidelines they follow with Sculptra where they obtain the best results.  In general, Sculptra provides the most benefits when injected over multiple treatments, and the treatment sessions are generally spaced four weeks apart. It really depends on:

1)  The areas addressed
2)  The amount of volume loss.
3)  The patient's individual goals

It is not likely the Sculptra will migrate from the injection site, and it is not necessarily more beneficial to increase the frequency of the treatments while decreasing the amount of Sculptra administered. I would recommend speaking with your physician and see what he/she recommends, as they know how you responded to your treatment. Thanks and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time between Sculptra treatments

+1

Typically, Sculptra treatments are perfomed 6-8 weeks apart. Since Sculptra works by stimulating collagen, adequate time between sessions is important to gauge response. The number of vials used depends on the amount of volume loss present in the patient as well as physician preference. As with any filler treatment, it's important to have a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon perform the treatment.  

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist