How Many Times Should a Seroma Be Aspirated After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a FTT on July 22nd and the PS removed my drains on July 30th. Since the 2nd of August he has been aspirating the seroma daily with the exception of Saturday. The most he's ever aspirated is 65cc's. It has been decreasing but it always comes right back after he aspirates. I have not been able to return to work. He said he feels that re inserting drains would not be effective at this point and that I should continue to see him daily for him to aspirate. Should I be concerned?

Seroma formation after Tummy Tucks

+1

It is OK to be diligent and have it aspirated daily but the norm of practice is aspirating once every few days. If it keeps recurring you can have a drain placed. You had mentioned that the volume is decreasing. This is a good sign and it should stop soon. Please avoid heavy activities and wear a good compression garment. Hope this was helpful.

Tummy tuck and seroma formation

+1

It sounds as if your surgeon is being extremely diligent. Althought I tend to aspirate seromas once or twice a week, I don't see anything wrong with repeated daily aspirations. IF this were to persist beyond 3 weeks I would likely advise placement of a drain. However, that is my opinion alone.