What Food Should I Eat After a Tummy Tuck?

Any recommendations on foods to eat after surgery? I know to keep to low sodium starting out, but any suggestions?

Tummy Tuck and Diets

A healing body needs a normal balanced diet rich in proteins and especially essential amino acid. To do well do NOT diet after surgery. Doing so will impact on your healing and the quality of scars. Instead, focus on getting a balanced diet rich in proteins and you will do well.

Dr. Aldea

Food after Tummy Tuck?

There is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient. A well-balanced diet with high fiber and a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important.

Avoid excess salt, no other restrictions exist.

The nutritional status of patients following abdominoplasty is extremely important. This ultimately effects wound healing and the patients overall recovery. For this reason, it’s important to have a healthy well balanced diet. Other than avoiding excess salt intake, no specific restrictions exist.

Foods after tummy tuck

A healthy diet rich with fresh vegetables and fruit as well as protein sources are great. Basically, a healthy diet is good for anybody, whether you've had surgery or not.

Well balanced diet following tummy tuck

The best suggestion is a well balanced diet. I am not an advocate of extreme diets or pushing any one vitamin or supplement. A healthy diet with fruits vegetables and adequate protein is essential to providing all the essential nutrients for building tissue following surgery.