Time Between Sculptra Treatments?

I had Sculptra 2 years ago (3 treatments) and was very happy with the results. I went this past March for a touch up since it had been 2 years and received 1 vial. I was told I may or may not need a 2nd treatment. The first couple of months I was happy with the results and thought the 1 treatment would be sufficient, but now 3 months later, I think I need another vial. My question is, since the recom. is for 4-8 weeks apart, have I lost any advantage by waiting 15 wks for the 2nd treatment?

Time between Sculptra treatments

There is no issue with waiting a longer period of time between Sculptra treatments.  The potential harm can come from doing them too close together.  I would say the minimum amount of time you want to wait is 4 weeks, and it can be done anytime after that time interval.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Time between Sculptra treatments

The optimal time between Sculptra injections is 6-8 weeks.  By waiting 15 weeks for the second treatment, this should still be fine.  You will still be able to experience the long term benefits of Sculptra.      

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Give Sculptra time to work with your tissue

Unlike a traditional filler, sculptra takes time to build. The initial volume you see is just from the water. It goes away in a few weeks. You might wonder where your investment went.

By waiting at least 6 to 10 weeks you can see the start of the long term benefit, as it takes hold.

Sculptra will last much longer than most products. It is best to go gradually, don't overspend, and don 't overfill.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

2012 South Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526

Time between Sculptra treatments

Sculptra cumulatively builds up collagen over time. It seems to work best if done between 1 and 3 months with a series of treatments. Waiting 15 weeks, you might not get quite as much of a result, but you’ll still get a good result. After you’ve had your first Sculptra treatment, I usually recommend a maintenance treatment every 1 to 2 years as needed.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

157 W 19th St
New York, NY 10011

Sculptra treatments

There is no problem waiting 8 weeks or longer in between Sculptra treatments.  Waiting gives your Sculptra a chance to thicken your skin so you can better judge the effects and see if you really require another treatment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

1849 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Y2

Time Between Sculptra Treatments

Typical treatment consists of 3 sessions over several months. However, waiting 15 weeks will not put you at a disadvantage, as you will still see results. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

5410 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85253

Sculptra. Time between treatments?

The reccomendation is to come back every 4 to 6 weeks when you are trying to make progress.  That being said, waiting 3 months is just fine.  Talk to your trained injector and get his/her take on the subject.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

How long should I wait between Sculptra treatments?

Each physician may have their own guidelines they follow with Sculptra where they obtain the best results.  In general, Sculptra provides the most benefits when injected over multiple treatments, and the treatment sessions are generally spaced four weeks apart. It really depends on:

1)  The areas addressed
2)  The amount of volume loss.
3)  The patient's individual goals

If you wait 15 weeks, it will not have a negative impact on your treatment.  4 weeks is used as a minimum guideline, and as long as you don't have the treatment before that time, then everything should go great.
Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

6849 Fairview Road
Charlotte, NC 28210

Optimal timing for sculptra injections

Although the optimal time between injections is 6-8 weeks, you will definitely see results from a second injection 3 months later. I generally recommend to my patients to maintain yearly after the initial series of injections to maximize the duration of optimal results. I also combine Ulthera with my Sculptra regimen (SculpTherapy) to further stimulate collage production and natural facial volume.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

1000 Plain Street
Marshfield , Massachusetts 02050

Sculptra and time between treatments

You have not lost any ground by waiting 3 months in between treatments.  In my practice, we often see patients in three month intervals.  For their convenience, we see a patient for their sculptra followup as well as their routine botox.  The only time I do treatments in 6 week intervals is to complete the series sooner, if that is what my patient desires.  You will continue to be happy with your results.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologic Surgeon

500 S 52nd Street
Rogers, AR 72758