Possible to Reduce the Size of an Adam's Apple?

Thyroid cartilage reduction? I am a male with a large adam's apple (see picture). I would like it reduced in size, while necessarily maintaining protrusion. Is this a particularly risky procedure? Can it be performed without making an incision directly over the adam's apple (maybe above it instead)? Would you do it?

Adam's apple reduction.

+1

For more than 35 years I have done this procedure hundreds of times without any complication in both males, females and transgender patients. It is safe and the incision is placed in a crease above the Adam's apple. It can be done under local anesthesia without pain.

Adam's apple reduction surgery.

+1

The adam's apple prominence can be reduced by shaving down the cartilage. Historically this was done via an incision in the skin right over the cartilage. It is now done via a longer but less visible skin incision higher up along the natural neck skin crease that is easily visible in the photo that you submitted. It is not a commonly performed procedure.

Adam's Apple Reduction

+1

Adam's Apple Reduction requires careful thinning of the voice box cartilages. It is not commonly done in most males but is extremely commonly done in sex change (gender reassignment) surgery. You may want to consult a surgeon who specializes in these procedures.