Contact Sports After Thread Lift?

How long after a thread lift (absorbable) can I perform contact sports such as boxing and jiu-jitsu?

Consider other forms of correction

+2

A thread lift does not last very long even in the best of situations. If you are active in contact sports or other activities that produce a lot of garring then your results will decline quickly. Consider other forms of rejuvination such as fillers.

If you do proceed with a thread lift, wait at least 6 weeks before having any contact or vigerous activity. The longer the better because you need internal healing to provide some strength.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Wait 6 weeks after Thread Lift

+2

First, I am not a big fan of thread lifts, because I don't think they last. I would wait 6 weeks miminum before getting involved in contact sports.

Probably 6 weeks.

+1

Check with your doctor for sure, but 6 weeks should do the trick.  By the way, taking blows to the head as in from boxing and jiu-jitsu has been proven to cause brain damage.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

No contact sports for 6 weeks after Thread Lift

+1

I would ask your physician, but it takes about 6 weeks to build scar tissue that begins to take over for the thread lifts.

Generally, we would advise you to refrain from contact sports for a 6 week minimum, but other physicians may advise you to hold off for 3-4 months.