Possible to Thin out the Fatty Tissue on the Nose?

I have heard about 'thin out the fatty tissue' I have oily skin. I have very thick skin on my nose tip , I want to know how does that work? how do you want to reduce nose skin thickness.

Thinning out the fatty tissue on the nose

+2

Yes, almost in every nasal surgery, I thin out the tip area by removing the underlying cartilage. This also reduces the height of the tip as well as the width usually. Unfortunately, when the skin is excessively thick, you can remove almost all the cartilage and it may not thin or narrow the tip.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thinning nasal fatty tissue

+2

It is possible to slightly thin down some of the thick, oily, sebaceous dermis from the underside of the skin during a rhinoplasty.  This is only minimally helpful in certain select areas across the supratip of the nose.  The surgeon also has to be careful so as to not thin the skin too much or create dimples.

Thinning out skin of nose during surgery

+2

The fatty tissue under the nasal skin can be thinned out, but it does increase risk of skin dying, and potentially a bigger problem down the line.

If you have thick, oily skin, you should accept the fact your result (specifically the nasal tip) will never be as refined as someone who has thin skin, regardless of the thinning.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Thinning the Skin of the Nasal Tip during a Rhinoplasty

+2

Although it is surgically possible to thin the skin of thick sebaceous skin of the nasal tip during a rhinoplasty, and sometime done  in order to refine the tip aesthetics, it is performed with an increased risk complications, including, necrosis, scarring and tip irregularities.

The advantages of enhanced tip aesthetics must be balanced against the increased risks involved and any treatment program should only be decided upon after a thorough discussion of the procedure with a certified, experienced and skilled rhinoplasty physician

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

It is possible

+2

It depends on exactly what you need and without examining you it is a little difficult to determine. If your problem is mainly the texture of the skin on your nose and it is uneven with large pores. You can improve the appearance of your nose by fractionated or regular laser resurfacing.

A potential non-invasive alternative would be to inject a small amount of steroid into the nasal tip to reduce the thickness of the nasal skin. This would need to be done very conservatively.

The last resort in my opinion would be to defat the skin. Trimming the subdermal layer of fat from the skin risks injury to the skin and in the worst case could lead to skin damage. Most patients actually need increased definition through cartilage grafting so that the thickness of the skin is not as noticeable.

Samson Lee, MD

Nasal Fatty Tissue

+2

Subtle improvement can sometimes be achieved by carefully removing some of the fatty tissue from the deep layer of skin. Discuss this with your surgeon before the operation to establish reasonable expectations. Another controversial treatment is the use of Accutane to improve skin quality.

Excessive fat in the nasal-tip skin may be addressed during Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

If you have thick, oily skin on the tip of your nose, this may be carefully thinned during rhinoplasty Surgery. Thick nasal skin has advantages and disadvantages. Your thick skin is less likely to show irregularities after Rhinoplasty Surgery. It may also limit the amount of narrowing that you and your surgeon desire.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fatty tissue on the nose

+2

A photo would have helped! But the tip of the nose has 3 components for thickness. The skin, fibro fatty tissue, the lower lateral alar cartilages, and a combination of all 3. Over the net there is no way to discuss your issues. Go see 3 boared PS in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Defatting the Nasal Tip

+2

Hi,

Thick nasal tips are usually due to excess fibro-fatty tissue in the nasal tip. Also patients can have thick skin. In order to refine these tips the fibrofatty tissue has to be removed and cartilage grafts placed to add support to the tip. This is very common in African American and Ethnic rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS