Heavy Nosebleeds After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty 7 days ago, two days ago I began having heavy nosebleeds. Should I be concerned? Or is this normal?

Bleeding from your nose is the most common problem to occur after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I will advise my patients to avoid strenuous activity, and not travel for 3 weeks after I perform Rhinoplasty Surgery. This is due to the common problem of epistaxis (nose-bleeding) that may occur anytime within 3 weeks after your surgery date. After 3 weeks, my patients are allowed unlimited physical activity.

If the bleeding was heavy, you should visit your surgeon for an examination.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Heavy Bleeding

+1

This is not normal as the other doctors have noted.  Some oozing which is more watery and not very bloody can happen up to 5-7 days after surgery, but frank bleeding is not normal.

I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Nosebleeds after rhinoplasty

+1

It is unclear what you mean by heavy bleeding.  Usually a mustache dressing is applied that has gauze to catch fluid and blood after surgery.  If this is persistent since surgery then you should be seen.  Also different surgeons use different methods of packing or internal nasal splints.  I personally never pack noses.  In any event it should be evaluated.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Heavy Nosebleeds Within One Week of Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to have heavy nosebleeds 5-7 days after rhinoplasty surgery. See your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. Call his/her office and explain your problem so you are seen very soon.

Heavy Nosebleeds 5 to 7 Days Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Marie,

It is not normal to have haeavy nose bleeds 5 to 7 days after rhinoplasty. Best to contact your rhinoplasty surgeon for an exam of your nose. good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD