Why Have the Veins I Had Treated with VeinWave 1 Month Ago Now Refilled?

I had a VeinWave treatment about a month ago and a lot of my veins were completely gone, but after about 2 weeks the very same veins refilled and became visible again. Why is that? Will another session grant permanent results?

VeinWave - Unipolar thermocoagulation - Buffalo Niagara, NY

This is not 'anything new' but rather thermolysis which has been used for years, except that it is delivered through a microneedle. You may need additional treatments, as may be the case with sclerotherapy or lasers. 

Vein Treatment

Veins are unpredictable at best.  They can be closed one day, and reopen another week or two later after a treatment.  This is unfortunately normal for vein closure even in the best of hands and equipment.  Plan on at least 3-4 sessions, and a follow up in a 5-6 month time.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

It may be that you need additional treatments to achieve desired results. Most always, regardless of the modality you use, one treatment is not enough. 

In my practice, I use Sclerotherapy as the primary modality for treating spider veins. At this time, sclerotherapy is still considered the gold standard for treatment of spider veins.

the product which I use is ASCLERA and so far I had excellent results. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

hard to say. the veins may be too big for veinwave.

keep zapping them. be more aggressive this time. may get better results.