Can the Tummy Tuck Belt Really Work?

I've been considering lipo, and last night I saw an infomercial last night for the Tummy Tuck Belt -- it's a system that involves putting on a "thermal accelerator" cream, followed by 10 minutes in what looks like a tummy compression garment (the first 2 min are spent doing to standing ab crunches).

The websites claims "Typical results are 0.5" first week and 1" in 30 days without lifestyle change." Is it possible for something like this to actually work? The pictures are really impressive.

Can the tummy tuck belt really work?

Although this may sound like a great way to shed the extra fat without breaking the bank, it is very unlikely that the tummy tuck belt can yield noticeable results let alone results similar to an actual tummy tuck surgical procedure. If you are interested in non surgical procedures, I encourage you to research Coolscultping. Cold suctions are placed on several areas of the tummy to freeze fat cells. It is recommended to target specific areas in two office visits to achieve the best rests. Good luck in your search.

Can the Tummy Tuck Belt Really Work

Thank you for your question, Unfortunately this is very impressive but not effective. tummy tuck versus other alternatives, it is important to physically examine the patient to determine the characteristics of the skin and tissue. A tummy tuck is the excision and suturing of extra skin and the internal suturing of the abdominal muscles.

Orlando Llorente, MD

Non-surgical tummy tuck

Unfortunately this is unlikely to help; there are unfortunately many products for sale which make large claims but have little data to support them. I recommend setting up a consultation to discuss your goals and determine if there are non-surgical methods to achieve them, or if a surgical modality is necessary. 

I hope this helps!

Bryan Correa, MD

Gimmicks are just that, gimmicks.

This type of device won’t change the appearance of your abdomen, because it won’t impact the underlying skin, muscles or fat. Gimmicks like this are a dime a dozen. They’re not intended to fix your abdomen, but instead to separate you from your money.
If you’re serious about changing the appearance of your abdomen, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon can explain the risks, benefits, alternatives and possible complications associated with abdominoplasty.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is

Unfortunately, I would anticipate that this device falls under the old adage of "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."  It is difficult to think that this device would be able to correct the anatomy of muscles and skin that is addressed with an abdominoplasty.  If you do not have loose skin or rectus diastasis (separation of your abdominal muscles common after pregnancy), but have certain areas of excess fat that you would like to reshape without surgery, you may be a candidate for Coolsculpting.  Coolsculpting is a technology that has been approved by the FDA and can demonstrate impressive results at reducing the volume of fat in problem areas for the right candidate.  Many board certified plastic surgery offices offer both these surgical and and non-surgical options and can help you make a decision on what might be best for you.

Very skeptical about tummy tuck belt

My rule of thumb for non-operative and minimally-invasive alternatives to surgery is that it is nearly impossible to get something for nothing.  There is, quite simply, no medical evidence to support the loss of abdominal fat and lax skin via compression and topical creams.  I have a high degree of skepticism toward the veracity of these photographs, and toward the product they support.

Joshua D. Zuckerman, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck belt

SInce you are wondering if this works, try looking the item up on and read the reviews. They are as bad as any product I have ever checked out on Amazon.

Many of the good reviews seem suspicious to me since they are often reviews by readers who have posted no other reviews, and are not identified as purchasers.

All the best. 

Too good to be true

There is absolutely no way that nonsurgical methods can give the results of a tummy tuck. If it sounds too good to be try, it probably is!

Tummy tuck belt

Complete waste of money!

• If you need a tummy tuck - save for the tummy tuck.
  • If you want to make a charitable donation - give to the needy, not an infomercial seller!

What can help besides surgery? Fitness and weight loss if you are overweight and out of shape.

Great question! Thanks.

Tummy tuck belt

Don't waste your money.  This is classic quackery at its finest.  People are always hoping that there is some sort of easy fix for obesity and skin laxity that doesn't involve surgery, diet or exercise.