What is the Best Non Surgical Procedure to Remove my Pouch and Stomach Fat from 3 C-sections?

Working on weight lost but really want my stomach flat again and my pouch gone.....what can I do?

+1
 Thank you for the question. For patients who present with abdominal wall muscle laxity after pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss, there is no good noninvasive modality to improve their situation.  This includes cool sculpting, which targets diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue ( assuming good overlying skin elasticity).  Although there are a lot of gimmicks that come and go, there is no good alternative to tummy tuck surgery to remove excess skin/adipose  tissue and tighten abdominal wall muscles after pregnancy or weight loss. Be careful: if it sounds too good to be true, it is!  Best wishes.

What is the Best Non Surgical Procedure to Remove my Pouch and Stomach Fat

+1

A photo is needed to answer this properly. If the pouch is excess skin, nothing but removing the excess surgically will be effective. If it is mostly fat, diet and exercise. External fat removal devices may give modest improvement.  If it is laxity of the abdominal wall, again, surgery will be your only option.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Non -Surgical Abdominal Contouring

+1

There are modest gains that can be accomplished given your history. Exercise, diet and Cool Sculpt would be a good start. Cool Sculpt removes fat by lowering the temperature in the problem areas. The underlying fat dissolves over the course of months and the skin tightens. You can expect about a 15-20% reduction of fat per area treated. However, after 3 pregnancies, you probably have at least a few stretch marks. These decrease the skin's ability to tighten; possibly leading to more loose skin after the fat dissolves. This coupled with a lower abdominal scar from the 3 C-sections further decreases your chances of losing that pouch without surgical intervention.  

In 10 years there may be many non-surgical methods to solve your problem but presently the best solution is still surgery or a combination of weight loss, suction assisted fat removal and surgical skin/muscle tightening. Remember, your abdominal muscles have also been stretched by the preganancies.  Discuss your options, as well as the pros- and cons to surgery, with a board certified plastic surgeon. I'm sure that the consultation will enable you to make the right choice.

John Noonan, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Alternative To Abdominoplasty

+1

Exercise and weight loss are an important component in the revitalization of your body after pregnancy. Removal of the fat can be accomplished by several methods. Coolsculpting, which freezes the unwanted fat cells and Liposonix, an ultrasound device that heats fat so that it will melt away. Both of these techniques have little or no recovery time. They are very effective for patients who regularly exercise and cannot seem to loose that little bit of fat from isolated regions. They are not good for people who are fat. Liposuction will provide more dramatic results in contouring, but obviously invasive and requires much more recovery than the 2 previously mentioned procedures.

From your question however it sounds as your skin will require tightening as well. This cannot be accomplished in any great significance by exercise or any the aforementioned procedures. For this you will require an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), which will not only remove the excess skin, but will also tighten the abdominal muscle wall.

For a more comprehensive consultation I would suggest to obtain an in-person evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Thank you for the question.

Best wishes

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Non-surgical treatment of the abdomen

+1

Thank you for your question. Many of the changes that happen to the belly after pregnancy are not well treated by non-surgical methods. If there is muscle laxity or loss of skin elasticity, a tummy-tuck is a better solution.

If your desire is to treat areas of unwanted fat, Coolsculpt is probably the best option. It uses a technique called cryolipolysis to remove roughly 20%of the fat in the treated area. The best part is that there is no recovery. 

All of the other options haven't shown the long term efficacy that you would want. I would suggest an evaluation by a plastic surgeon to fully go over your options.

Best of luck with your belly.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon