Does This Look Like a "Normal" Tummy Tuck Scar? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck on April 23, 2012. This is what my scar looks like now. My C-section scar was a sliver of a line, barely visible. This is NOT what I was expecting since I already know how my body scars and heals. Are tummy tuck scars all that different? Also, is this the "best" possible outcome? My surgeon promised me a flat tummy, however, you can see from the pic that my tummy hangs over my scar. He told me that this was the way my body healed, etc. and that this was my result.

Scar after tummy tuck

+2

Have you gained or lost weight since your tummy tuck? A tummy tuck scar can take up to a year to fade to white and can be helped by firmly massaging it daily, as well as certain products like Kitoscell

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Delayed healing after an abdominoplasty

+1

Even at 3 months you are still in the early healing phase.  There does appear to be overhanging skin of the lower abdomen.  And your incision looks a little high.  A pre-operative photo would be helpful.  If this area does not improve over then next 6 month you may need to have additional skin removed to yield a nice flat result.  Good luck  DR.Z

Does This Look Like a "Normal" Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

The navel scar look good, but I can barely see the TT scar because of the overhang.

The overall appearance can be improved by a secondary surgery to lower the scar, to stretch out the excess skin between the navel and the scar,and get a better match of the fat thickness of the upper and lower skin adjacent to the scar.

Thank you for your question, all the best.

Your results can be improved

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  It would be beneficial to compare before and after photos as well as take into account any possible weight gain following surgery.  With that said, your current photo shows an incision that is too high, the top edge of the incision is too thick, and there is residual adiposity.  All of these can be corrected if you should choose to pursue a revision.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD