What is the Longest Between Fraxel Restore Treatment Time Before Ineffective?

Ive had a fraxel restore around 10 or so weeks ago. Im asking this because the physician wrote 6 weeks apart and when it was 6 weeks my face was still pink from laser so i went back to ask and she said i can wait till the face red/pink calm down. I ask this because i want to know what is the most time you can wait inbetween the treatment until the fraxel will become "not as effective". Its nearly 3 months now and I have not been able to take time off because I will need atleast 2 weeks recovery

Best Time Interval for Fraxel restore treatments

+1

Hi ET (Call home!),

No worries.  You can schedule your next Fraxel restore treatment at the next convenient time that fits your schedule.  It is best to allow your skin to recover from the previous laser treatment before adding more laser energy.  In most patients with light to medium skin color we treat every 2-3 weeks while those with darker skin or with melanoma (pregnancy mask) we wait from 3 to 6 weeks between treatments.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Time between Fraxel Restore treatments.

+1

For most patients, I tell them that they should space their Fraxel Restore treatments 4-6 weeks apart. However, the actual time may depend on how aggressive the treatment is, and how an individual patient is healing. There is a spectrum of healing time and some patients take longer. Most patients are able to return to work after about 4 days. If it takes you two weeks, then you are likely on the far end of the spectrum for healing, and may need more time between treatments.

I don't think there is a lot of scientific studies that look at results after different waiting times. However, the thought is that you want the treatments to "build" on each other.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon