I Am Not Peeling After 2 Fraxel Restore Treatments for Facial Rejuvenisation, Is It Normal?

Hi, I have had 2 fraxel restore treatments yet but i never had a peeling as stated elsewhere that it should happen. The 2nd treatment i had 5 days back but there are no signs of peeling.. Though there is some redness still. Even after the first treatment too,i never had any peeling. I am a 26 yrs old asian guy with an oily skin. I am really scared if the fraxel is really working on my skin? Can it even has side effects? Please help. I will appreciate that. Thank you.

Skin Peeling Fraxel Treatments

+2

The degree of peeling you see after Fraxel treatments depends on which Fraxel machine was use and how aggressive the chosen treatment parameters were. There tends to be less peeling in younger, minimally sun-damaged patients.

Skin Peeling with Fraxel re:store

+2

Not everyone experiences peeling skin after a Fraxel re:store treatment. Some may simply experience mild swelling, redness, and warmth after the procedure, and gradually fade into the color of a mild sunburn over a few days. If you are keeping the skin moist, then it will be less likely to peel. This does not mean, however, that the treatment has been ineffective. Peeling skin simply means shedding of a dead epidermal cells. The transformation that occurs from Fraxel occurs at a deeper level. Hope this helps! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Fraxel Restore and Peeling

+1

Yes, as peeling is not common after the Fraxel Restore treatment. Patients typically turn red and might swell a little bit for 2 days.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon