What Does the Body Look Like One Year After a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I see a lot of immediate results in Brazilian butt lift photos, but are there any pictures or descriptions of available of clients after one year?

What Does a Brazilian Butt Lift (Butt Augmentation with your own Fat) look like Long Term?

+3

People not only age at different rates BUT parts of our body also age and sag at different rates. After the initial swelling seen after the fat transfer subsides, you will begin to see just how much of the transferred fat has survived (or in surgical talk "has taken"). If you proceed to eat more than your burn, you will gain weight and volume in ALL your fat cells, including the buttock. If on the other hand you lose weight, you will lose fat volume in your buttock as well and see a deflation. So, the volume of your buttock will depend on your overall eating/exercising habits. In addition, as time passes there will be a mild sagging as is seen in ALL of our faces, breasts etc.

In other words, once the fat survives, it will be a natural part of you which will sag with time and whose volume would fluctuate with your weight.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Great Question about Brazilian Butt Lifts

+2

Hi there-

Your question hits the nail on the head!

I, too, see many photos of BBL outcomes that were taken very early after surgery (inappropriately so in some cases- there is even a surgeon on this site who shows "after" pictures clearly taken while the patient was STILL IN THE OR!).

Obviously what people like yourself want to know is that they will look great for a long time after surgery, right?

It is very important to be discerning in your evaluation of outcomes and ask questions like this one. In the right hands, the BBL is an excellent way to permanently improve the appearance of your backside.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift and long-term results

+1

On the Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When you do a fat injection a certain percentage of the fat cells will live in a certain percentage will die. In my patience I see the size of the buttocks decrease the 1st 3 weeks. The size the size of the buttocks remains the same after that time. After all the healing and all the swelling is going away the results will remain constant. The injected fat will live in the buttocks just like any fat anywhere else.

Remember that liposuction and the Brazilian butt lift are not weight changing procedures but are shaped changing procedures. If you gain weight the buttocks will get bigger and if you lose weight the buttocks with smaller. The curve will remain because after the liposuction you should have an equal layer of fat on the back waist and hips that should gain weight evenly.

I do have long-term patients who have had a Brazilian Butt lift and the results are permanent. The patients who have lost weight months after surgery look better than they looked at 3 to 6 months.

Wendell Perry, MD

Brazilian buttock lift patient after one year

+1

Patients will typically look the same at six months as they do at one year after a fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian buttock lift). The fat cell survival and the appearance of the buttock is stable at about six months. After that time, there is little change in the fat cell size (volume).

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD