Where is the Fat Injected During a Brazilian Butt Lift?

For optimal results of a BBL, where is the fat injected? Below, in, or on top of the muscle?

Brazilian butt lift fat injections

+3

During a Brazilian butt lift I remove fat from selected areas of the body through thin cannula liposuction, purify the fat, then reinject selected donor fat cells into the buttocks. The process of reinjection involves hundreds of micro fat injections to fill the upper quadrant of the buttocks so that the butt appears lifted and perky.

The fat is placed or transferred to the buttocks with special cannulas into different areas at various depths so that the patient will get the highest permanent absorption rate. Correct extraction, purification, and reinjection methods are essential to achieve a uniform, smooth, natural appearance to the buttocks.

Be sure to discuss all of the techniques and specifics of your surgery with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the look you're after.

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

Fat location during a Brazilian butt lift

+2

The fat that is injected during the Brazilian butt lift is done in multiple layers. There are two main areas where the fat is injected during this procedure. The fat is either injected in the subcutaneous tissue or the muscle. For best results, the fat needs to be injected in multiple passes in the subcutaneous tissue and muscle. Theoretically, the fat that is injected in the gluteous muscle has a better chance of survival because the muscle has a better blood supply improving the take of the fat.

There are also some surgical implications of injecting the fat in the muscle and the subcutaneous tissue. Typically, more projection of the butt is accomplished if the fat is  injected in the subcutaneous tissue but its chance of survival is less because the subcutaneous layer has a lower blood supply. Typically,  I inject fat in both layers and in multiple passes. 

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Near the muscle is the best oxygen supply and farther from the muscle is less viability. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift where is the fat injected

+1

Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat  is injected it is injected as a free graft. It has no blood supply. In our to get the best survival of the fat cells you need to have a maximum amount of surface area. This is the only way to get long-term predictable results.

If I have 1000 mL of fat to inject I would injected at 1 to 3 ml while withdrawing the cannula, this will be several hundred injections. These injections will be at multiple levels. In the muscle, above the muscle,  close to the skin and just about the muscle. The shape of the person's buttocks and the desired look of the buttocks will determine the pattern of fat injection. Some people want to be more curvy, some people one projection, some people like to but I should like to C and some people like to but actually more like a pear.

Wendell Perry, MD

Where is the Fat?

+1

The best place to place the fat (by medical studies) is in the muscle.  Fat is attempted to be placed in the muscle but most of the fat is above the muscle.  This works well.  The potential upside of placement in the muscle is better "take" of the fat.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brazillian butt lift, east coast

+1

Everywhere, that's the answer. The whole revolution in the field of fat grafting started when Sid Coleman realized that fat injected as a bolus into a space didn't survive. He wondered if injecting beads of pearls not a glob would work...it did. I had done fat injections for years before Dr. Coleman gave a talk at Suburban Hospital in 2003. I had had only temporary success. Since then fat transfer has become my # 1 procedure. Consult a local board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of these. I layer the fat in every plane and space; muscles, fascias and all connective tissues get a small (but long) cylinder of fat. Success and failure to take is very technique dependent, that's why you must do your homework. A fat survival rate bellow fifty percent is not OK. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Fat is injected deep during a brazilian buttock lift

+1

Most of the fat is injected into the deep tissues during a brazilian buttock lift (fat transfer to the buttock). This includes intra-muscular injections into the gluteal muscles and right on top of the muscle. Superficial injections right beneath the skin are generally avoided as the poor blood supply leads to decreased fat survival.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with this technique before having surgery.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Location of Fat grafting in BBL

+1

Fat that is transferred or grafted during the Brazilian Butt lift or reshaping procedure is typically grafted in multiple areas and layers, including above the muscle / below the muscle (gluteus)/ and within the muscle itself.  Distributing the fat throughout these layers assures maximum survival as well as the best aesthetic results.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Where is the fat injected in the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift which uses fat transplantation from different parts of the body provides the most natural result. During the proocedure fat is injected throughout the buttocks and in different layers. That means that using small amounts of fat per injection, the fat is first transplanted into the muscle and, then, it's injected more superficiallly into the fatty tissue. But it is never injected too superficially, that is too close to the surface of the skin. The critical issue here is blood supply. Therefore the more the fat graft comes in contact with existing blood supply the more likely the success of the fat transplantation.

George Lefkovits, MD

Fat is injected in all layers during a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves removing fat through modified liposuction, processing and washing the fat, and then reinjecting it into the buttock. This gives a fuller, rounder, and lifted appearance. The fat is injected in very small micro-droplets and in all layers of the buttock. This means that some fat is placed below the muscle, in the muscle, and above the muscle. This multi-plane, micro-droplet technique allows for a smoother augmentation with the highest percentage of fat survival.

Matthew Schulman, MD