Where Will I Most Likely Gain Weight After a BBL?

4wks post op after bbl. My entire body looks amazingly different. I had fat taken from my back, hips, and sides. Before my precedure, when ever id gain weight id gain only in those ares. Now that those areas have been lipoed, if I were to gain weight will I gain in those same areas as I did before? My waist has never been this tiny and ive never been so well proportioned. I just love it! Ive noticed that my eating habits has changed. I fear that I will gain the weight back in those areas.

With Weight Gain, Fat Cells get Larger- Wherever They Are...

+2

Hi there-

Wherever they are living, fat cells get larger when you gain weight, and smaller when you lose it...

So after the operation, you will have more fat cells in your bottom and fewer cells in the areas suctioned, but all will enlarge with weight gain.

+1

Weight gain and loss is not magical. Whenever we consume more calories than we burn the body stores it as fat INSIDE fat cells. Fat cells are distributed thder the skin and inside the abdominal cavity. As the caloric surplus inceases so does the volume of the fat cells housing this cargo. When we remove fat, we usually take excess fat cells off leaving some fat cells behind. Unfortunately, some people regard Liposuction as a free pass to eat more than they should. Predictably, the remaining fat cells in the body are then flooded by the excess calories eaten and the remaining fat cells become larger giving rise to the urban legend that fat "moved" from treated areas to other areas which were NOT large before the operation.

If you over-indulge EVERY fat cell containing area in your body WILL become larger, including your buttocks.

Peter A Aldea, MD.

Brazilian butt lift and weight gain after surgery

+1

You will never gain weight the same weight again. Fat is the storage compartment your problem areas in the back and waist prior surgery was your primary storage area, those fat cells have been reinjected into the  buttocks and now your buttocks is a primary storage area.

Liposuction is not a weight loss  procedure. If calories, the body they will be stored but now it was not all going to the waist and stomach. The goal of the liposuction is to create a even concentration on fat cells throughout the body so now when you gain a pound you should gain it evenly. Liposuction works because fat cells don't replicate so when you take a cell away from the waist you do not divide and grow new cell in the waist.

Wendell Perry, MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

You can maintain these good results if you maintain your weight, with diet and excercise

Weight Gain After Liposuction?

+1

Congratulations on your successful operation.

Fat cells that are gone (for example removed with liposuction surgery) are gone forever.  However, if a patient gains weight the fat cells that remain in the area treated with liposuction and in areas that were not treated will grow.  Do your best to maintain a healthy weight  after your procedure. It is exciting to see patients change their eating  and exercise habits  and maintain their surgical results.