Other Than a Full Tt, Can Any Other Type of Lipo (smart, Vaser, Tumescent) Help? (photo)

I would rather not get a TT as the costs and recovery is more than I want to do. I've seen some pics on docs websites about liposculpture, vaser, and smartlipo. Can any of these help to tighten/flatten,/smooth my abdomen area. I realize that a TT get a result of super flat look, however, not sold on the idea of recovery time and costs at this point. Also any comments on Tipollar Apollo for skin tightening? I am 47, 115 lbs 4'11" and had 3 children.

Smartlipo vs. Tummy Tuck

+1
It's difficult to tell from the photo if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then SmartLipo should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, SmartLipo or any other form of liposuction are unlikely to help. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo Versus Tummy Tuck

+1

You have some stretch marks and loose skin.  In your case, a tummy tuck will give you the best results.  SmartLipo is a reasonable second alternative as long as you understand that you will still have those stretch marks and some loose skin.  SmartLipo does add skin tightening that regular liposuction does not but it will not be enough to tighten it as well as a tummy tuck can do.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Abdomen

+1

From you picture, you look like a good smart lipo candidate. You will not get the complete result you would from a tummy tuck but also you won't have to deal with the scar. Consult you doctor

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Liposuction can help but tummy tuck is best.

+1

Liposuction can help. It will remove any excess fatty deposits, but it will not remove stretch marks or tighten the loose layer between your muscles. You can obtain some contracture of skin using SmartLipo, but this varies by patient.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs. Liposuction

+1

I would recommend you get a tummy tuck. it is a better option for you given that you have had 4 kids and that not only you have loose skin but also muscle weakness which will certainly not get better with anything besides surgery

Misbah Khan, MD

Other Than a Full Tt, Can Any Other Type of Lipo (smart, Vaser, Tumescent) Help?

+1

Very hard to advise with only one posted photo and no in person examination. If you want a slight tightening and fat reduction I recommend Smart Lipo Triplex+ lipo + Therimgen therapy in combination

Tummy Tuck Vs Lipo and "Skin Tightening"

+1

I reviewed your photos and feel that a tummy tuck would be the "gold standard" for getting a satisfactory result.  I have tried over the years, unsuccessfully,  to significantly  tighten skin using laser and ultrasonic liposuction. There just is not a reliable way to do this, in my opinion.

One problem with doing these techniques is that it can make future tummy tuck much more difficult.  

Lipo alone might remove a very small amount of "pooch" from the lower abdomen but I would disregard any claims that the skin can also be made tighter at the same time.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck or Do Nothing are Best Options.

+1

Although I understand your concerns about proceeding with tummy tuck surgery, I would caution you about proceeding with any other modality when it comes to achieving your goals described above. Based on your history and photograph, I can easily imagine you being very disappointed with the outcome of any of the modalities that you have mentioned.   I think the results of these other forms of treatment will be ( at best)  a disappointing waste of time and resources and (even worse) potentially disfiguring ( irregular/uneven skin…).

Unfortunately, I am sure that you will be offered these other modalities of treatment nevertheless.

Be careful…