Teosyal Filler in Cheek: Left with Swelling and Discoloration

my cheek are verry swoulen and my skeen discolor im realy dapress can you help please? antibiotic is not working

Swelling is a normal side effect of injections and can take up to 2 weeks to settle.

+1
Swelling is a normal side effect of injections and can take up to 2 weeks to settle. Sleep with your head slightly elevated and use cold compresses on and off for 10 mins each.

If you are concerned and it has been beyond 2 weeks, schedule a follow up with your injector to be assessed.

Hope this helps.

Teosyal in cheeks

+1
  • Teosyal is Hyaluronic acid based dermal filler with an average life span in tissues of 9-12months. Initial swelling following the injections of Teosyal is common but rarely lasts beyond 3 days. Slight lumpiness might persist longer and can be helped by massaging the area.
  • Antibiotics only help if there is infection.
  • Slightly blue dicloloraton can be seen in the area of treatment, this is due to the implanted transparent filler giving a shadow under the skin. This temporary.
  • If you would like to get rid of the filler quickly ask your doctor to use Hyaluronidase injection which can almost instantly dissolve the filler.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist