Teosyal or Juvederm for Restoring Cheek Volume?

I would like to go get injectable fillers to restore the volume of my cheeks, and the doctor recommended me Teosyal or Juvederm. I'm not sure which to pick; any recommendation? I do have a slight asymmetry with my jawline, but when injecting fillers on my cheeks as long as they are the same amount, my cheeks should look even, right? I don't want to end up having lopsided cheeks. Please let me know if there are any specific questions that I should be asking my doctor before getting the injection.

Juvederm and Teosyal are similar in more ways than one

+3

The history with these two products is very interesting. One of the key founders of the French company that made Juvederm before it was taken over by Allergan had a fall out with the board. That person founded Teoxane, the company that made Teosyal. When I moved from California to Dubai, it was eerily strange how the syringes of both products were the exact same thing, even the packaging with two syringes in one box was the same. The needle even came off just as it did with the old Juverderm syringes. (Allergan has gone to change that).

In Europe, Teosyal is a very strong competitor of Restylane and is the leading forrce to produce the price wars amongst the HA fillers. From all the fillers, I have used and I have used a lot, Teosyal is a great product and comparable to both Restylane and Juvederm, with results lasting the same.

Dubai Dermatologist

Teosyal or Juvederm

+2

Teosyal or Juvederm are both hyaluronic fillers; either would probably be fine although I am not familiar with Teosyal as it is not approved for use in the US at this time. If you go with Juvederm, you should use Juvederm Ultra Plus (thicker than the Ultra product) for the cheeks. Radiesse is a nice filler for the cheeks as well; it may last longer than the hyaluronic acid fillers, and can give a beautiful result. The drawback with Radiesse though is if you do not like the result, there is no way to dissolve the material (you would need to wait until it resolves on its own).

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

A photo would be helpful in assessing what type of product and how much to use.

+1
A photo would be helpful in assessing what type of product and how much to use. Which product to choose is determined by what the patient requires.

Some asymmetries are fixable. Ensure you have a consultation with an experienced injector and discuss your concerns and expectations.

All the best.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm or Teosyl for Facial Volume Restoration

+1

Hi PP,

Juvederm has a longer track record of effectiveness and safety. I am unable to comment on Teosyal as it has not been approved for use in the US yet, and I have not had any experience with it.

Juvederm Ultra Plus is excellent filler for facial volume. If you are having the delicate lower eye lid included in your treatment, you might ask for Restylane in that area (less likely to swell).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD