Glycolic Vs TCA Peel for Dark Scars on Legs?

I have light skin and I have old dark scars on my legs, should I use a TCA peel or Glycolic peel or can both be used alternatively? Please advise.

Dark scars on the legs, using Melaquin and MelaPads to improve the condition of dark scars on the legs

+1

TCA peels are strong but effective therapy for these dark scars on the legs.  However, longterm treatment should begin with Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM topical creams in the setting of chemical peels.  I would also strongly recommend the MelaPads to reduce the ingrown hairs and folliculitis associated with dark spots on the legs.  The MelaPads also have glycolic and salicylic acid. 

Glycolic vs. TCA peels

+1

For safety reasons, I would try 2-3 glycolic peels spaced 1 month apart and take note of the results. These are more superficial, and generally very safe. If the results are insufficient, then I would consider TCA peels. That said, you may want to speak to your dermatologist about a modified Kligman's formula cream which can be very beneficial and more affordable. Also, you must wear sunscreen during and after treatment.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon