How Long Before You See Final Results from Glycolic Peel?

I had a glycolic peel. Will my skin carry on improving days later?

It takes a series to see true results from chemical peels

I have personally done over 1,500 chemical peels. Superficial peels like glycolic acid peels always take a series to get the full effect. I usually have my patients come every 2 weeks for a series of 6 peels. Over that time, there were be great improvement in skin texture and tone (decrease in discoloration) as well as a nice glow to skin will noticeable.

I hope that helps!

Austin Dermatologist

1807 Slaughter Lane
Austin, TX 78748

Top glycolic peels in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in glycolic peels and facial peels. Depending on your condition, we would titrate the strength of your glycolic peel to modulate the efficacy, downtime, and results.

Thank you.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Final Results from Glycolic Peel

It will depend on the objectives of the peel, but significant improvement is not expected until you complete a series of peels. Generally 6 peels spaced between 2 - 4 weeks.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Multiple gylcolic acid peels work best

This is a case where more is better.  The more peels you do, the better the results.  It certainly takes a series of gylcolic acid peels to see initial results, as gylcolic acid is considered part of the group of light peeling agents.  Glycolic acid is an α-hydroxy acid, a naturally occurring acid found in sugar cane and fruits.  It typically causes a more gentle peel, which many patients prefer, as the peels require less healing time and are quite tolerable.  Most patients return to work right after a glycolic peel.  Glycolic peels effects are cumulative.  Patients will often come in for an initial serious of peels, but return to the office for periodic refresher peels to further the positive results.

Zoe Veritas, MD

39 Broadway
New York, NY 10006

Numerous glycolic acid peels necessary for clinical improvement

Glycolic acid peels 30% to 70% are commonly performed by aesthetician. This can be helpful as part of acne or melasma treatment under the supervision of a board-certified dermatologist. While there is minimal downtime in the hands of an experienced clinical aesthetician, it may take 10 to 20 treatments before one can perceive a significant difference in texture of the skin. If one has a higher expectation of greater clinical improvement for fine lines, acne scarring and/or sun damage, one should consider 35%-50% TCA chemical peel or fractional CO2 laser performed by an experienced board-certified dermatologist and be prepared for a longer down time, typically a week.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

2262 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583

Glycolic Peel Final Results

I typically see improvement from chemical peels max at 2 weeks and continue for up to a month. It’s no coincidence that a month is the same amount of time it takes the epidermis to replace itself. As freshly peeled skin turns over, new younger epidermis takes its place.

Bobby Buka, MD

220 Front Street
NYC, New York 10038

Glycolic Peel Results

Yes.  You will continue to see results from having a glycolic peel days later.  You should notice improved radiance right after and it will continue to last for a couple weeks.  It is best to do a series of peels to get optimal results.  I typically recommend every 2 to 4 weeks for a series of 6 peels.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

300 Beardsley Lane
Austin, TX 78746