Is There Any Talk That Florida Dental Hygienists Can Inject Botox?

I understand Florida Dentists are permitted to inject botox if certified. I see there are courses for Dental Hygienist as well. What are the limitations for Dental Hygienists with regards to Botox injections?

Dnetal hygienists injecting Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) in Florida

+1

I am not aware of this legislation and while I understand that Dentists are qualified to give injections I am not familar with the privlieges of hygienists

Dental hygienists injecting Botox

+1

Regardless if there is legal precedent for a dental hygienist to inject botox, you have to ask yourself why you wouldn't go to a well trained and experienced physician for an elective procedure that requires good knowledge of the anatomy of the facial muscles and understanding of the principles of different dilutions, placement and avoidance of complications. Sterile technique and the right depth of penetration are also important.

Ronald Shelton, MD