Eyebrows Raised Too High with Botox

My eyebrows have lifted to high following my Botox 6 days ago, I look like Spock! ? I had all 3 areas treated, eyes, frown and forehead. I understood the risk of a droop but not Spock eyebrows. I have been told to wait 2 weeks before I can be re treated but this would mean a risk of a droopy eye! Any suggestions - I'm mortified!

Correcting the Dr Spock eyebrow from Botox

+4

If too much of the middle lower forehead is treated without treating the outer eyebrow, the side of the forehead compensates by lifting more than usual. Correction of this is by treating the side of the forehead, not right over the eye as this might lower the eyebrow.

Sinister, Spock or even the Jack Nicholson after Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) injections

+3

You are describing what is called the Sinister, Spock or even the Jack Nicholson ("Here's Johnny!") look. IT usually treated by injecting small amounts of Botox into the outer forehead regions.

Botox and Brow Lift

+3

You do need to wait about 2 weeks to allow things to settle.

You may need some additional dose of botox at that point.  The advantage of botox is that is is temporary so all will return to normal if you dont do anything about it.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

" Spock" Eyes After Botox

+3

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have received too much Botox in the wrong area.  The way to correct your eyebrows from arching is to inject the Botox right above the eyebrows.  This paralyzes the frontalis muscle and allows the eyebrows to fall slightly.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon