Is Swelling in the Lower Legs, Ankles, and Feet Normal After Cool Sculpting?

I had Cool Sculpting done 8 days ago. I have been experiencing quite a bit of swelling in my lower legs, ankles, and feet. Is this normal? Thank you for your response.

Swelling in the Lower Legs, Ankles, and Feet After Cool Sculpting

+1
It is highly unusual to have swelling post coolsculpting in any area other than the treated area. Consult with your treating physician to review your treatment and your medical history to identify possible causes. Your treating physician may need to consult with your internist.

Swelling after CoolSculpting

+1
Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after CoolSculpting though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. It is not considered normal to experience swelling in places other than where the treatment was administered. I would suggest consulting with the doctor who performed the treatment to determine the cause of the swelling. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Swelling In Legs And Extremities After Cool Scultption Treatment

+1

It seems that you should consult with your physicians as the cool sculpting does not induce such side effects. Without a physical examination and running some tests, it is hard to determine the cause of the swelling you are experiencing.

Thank you for your inquiry. Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Swelling of the legs after Coolsculpting

+1

I do not think that swelling of the feet/ legs is caused by having the Coolsculpting procedure but I do think you should be seen so that your doctor can make sure that all is OK.

Swelling of the legs usually is not a consequence of CoolSculpting

+1

The freezing of the fat cells wtih CoolSculpting should not have caused the swelling of hte legs. Something unrelated may be at fault but should be explored.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling after Coolsculpting

+1

Swelling after Coolsculpting of ankles or lower extremities is not common . I have never seen this side effect in our practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon